Insulet, makers of the OmniPod pump for Type 1 Diabetes, continues to be one of the fastest growing medical device companies in the world, and we are expanding our Patient Portal / App Solution Design team!
We are looking for a Senior Functional analyst to partner with our stakeholders across the organization delivering quality solutions. This individual will drive business requirements, investigate solution design, document complex user flows and ultimately help with the implementation/delivery of online portal or mobile app solutions for our Omnipod Customers.
We are seeking a Senior Functional/Technical Analyst with a background in working with customer-facing portals or mobile apps. It is important that candidates understand the unique nature of gathering requirements and designing for an end-user deliverable vs a function used by internal employees.
This role is a great opportunity to gain broad experience in project delivery across functional elements such as CRM solutions (SFDC), Mobile Platforms, Patient Portals, and Digital Health. The customer experience group at Insulet focuses on a wide variety of projects and business challenges, so the group offers a unique opportunity to contribute across a wide spectrum of applications. It is not required that candidates have direct experience with CRM (SFDC) or code development of mobile apps, but he/she must have worked in a functional analyst role focused on the implementation of customer portals or mobile solutions in previous roles.
This is a fantastic opportunity to play a critical role in a quickly growing team that is pushing the limits within the medical device industry.
* Gather detailed information to represent stakeholder's requirements and scope.
* Write requirements using different approaches such as use cases, activity diagrams, sequence diagrams, process modeling, data modeling, system modeling, data dictionaries, class or entity relationship diagrams.
* Produce detailed process diagrams that can link to user interface wireframes for development.
* Produce testing scenario documentation based on requirement documentation and Jira stories.
* Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements; serve as a trusted technology advisor for business users.
* Measure recently released product features to establish benchmarks and to identify potential areas of improvement. Validate ideas and designs through research, usability testing, and analytics.
* Assist in ongoing support and metric monitoring to ensure an optimal customer experience while using the platform.
Education and Experience
4+ years of experience working in a Business or Technical Analyst function. Ideally, working on projects related to customer-facing portals or mobile apps. It is important that candidates understand the unique nature of gathering requirements and designing for an end user deliverable vs a function used by internal employees.
* 3+ years of experience with working on a consumer portal / interface and mobile application (Patient Portal preferred).
* UI / UX interaction experience on consumer (Patient) facing web and mobile applications.
* Proficiency in drafting functional mock-ups, flow charts and visual materials to be leveraged by UI / UX developers.
* Strong communication skills in conveying design options, translating business stories and working with peers (the ability to effectively sell an idea).
* Strong writing skills. Must have the ability to document process and technical knowledge in clear, easily understood presentations.
* Strong ability to recognize and predict use cases and user interaction, including 'happy path' as well as edge and corner cases, and incorporate them into designs.
* Experience designing and implementing SFDC Communities a strong plus.
* Experience supporting or working within the pharmaceutical, medical device, or any other regulatory controlled industry.
* SFDC functional configuration skills.
* LBP (Lean Business Process) or similar experience.
* Agile / SCRUM experience.
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
Very limited travel required.