Engine is a new kind of data-driven marketing solutions company. Powered by data, driven by results and guided by people, we help our clients make connections that count-leading to bottom-line growth, an inspired workplace and business transformation. With global headquarters in New York and 17 offices across North America, the UK, Europe and Asia-Pacific, Engine offers clients a vast range of marketing solutions-from insights and content to distribution and technology.
We're looking for a Senior Full Stack Engineer or Senior Back End Engineer for our Balihoo team in Chicago, IL. The ideal candidate will design, develop and scale our local marketing products and services, focusing on mostly python and AWS services like Lambdas, SWF, SNS, SQS, etc.
If you enjoy solving complex problems, wearing many hats and want to work with the latest open-source technologies, then join us.
* Be an expert on AWS Lambdas and other AWS services
* Write clean, modular code that is scalable, mostly in python
* Collaborate with a team of engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders to develop, implement and improve existing tools and services
* Work with data and various API's from clients to back-end services like Google, Facebook, Amazon, Microsoft
* 7+ years' software development experience
* 5+ years' experience with Python coding
* BA/BS in computer science, computer engineering, or similar
* Strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, databases, software design, network architecture, and DevOps.
* Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with engineers and product owners
* Comfortable working in a fast-paced, agile environment
* Detail oriented, writing clean code and are capable of tracking multiple issues of varying complexity
* Eager to learn new languages, frameworks and tools
Nice To Have:
* Experience using AWS Lambda/SWF/SNS/SQS/Redshift, MySQL, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, MongoDB, Memcache, DynamoDB, JSON, APIs, Git, ELK stack, Jira, Bamboo, Github, Slack
* Experience in Adtech, Fintech, DevOps
* Unlimited paid time off
* 401(k) employer contributions
* Competitive Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Disability Insurance
* Entertainment and travel discounts
* Family-friendly benefits
* Relaxed dress code
* Collaborative environment
* Shiny new MacBook Air or Pro
* Surround yourself with some of the smartest people in the industry
To all recruitment agencies - not accepting agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.