The Sr. Enterprise Architect is responsible for the creation and management of technology architecture models and standards. They are required to interpret and apply Enterprise Architecture standards to inform a broad range of business improvement activities, including those relating to the design, development and maintenance of IT Systems. It is expected that the Sr. Enterprise Architect maintains the architecture in an organized manner and security/quality are considered as important as content.
The Sr. Enterprise Architect should ensure that the business process and technology perspectives are in line with the governance strategies, policies and standards. They should use their influence to steer projects and technology teams towards the common goals and standards of the organization, adjusting when necessary to meet business objectives.
* Definition, implementation, and execution of the processes for the definition, maintenance, and conformance management of the Enterprise Architecture
* Development and maintenance of the key Enterprise Architecture deliverables
* Establishment and maintenance of contacts within business units and information system programs to understand business activities and business drivers, business requirements, solutions strategies and alternatives, etc., being considered and/or implemented
* Architectural leadership in the resolution of inter-program and inter-project issues
* Ongoing publicity and communication of the Enterprise Architecture both within the information community, and the business units
* Ongoing research and assessment of new analysis approaches for potential use within the Enterprise
* Act as a consultant to business process analysis and design activities
* Auditing compliance with the Enterprise Architecture standards
* Understand technology product and vendor strategies and use to inform Enterprise Architecture roadmap
* Optimize the application landscape through continuous review of current capabilities and overlapping products
* Serve as a trusted advisor to all levels of business and technology organizations on business and information integration strategies
* Act as design authority and provide an assurance role, ensuring that all architecture activities and deliverables (in-house and external outsourced) are produced to a high quality and are consistent with existing standards, policies and strategies
* Review project and system documentation for standards compliance
* 15+ years of technology, analysis and design experience
* 4+ years in an Enterprise Architect role specifically
* Broad background in different technologies and business sectors
* Robust knowledge of security architectures and their impact on Enterprise Architecture
* Strong knowledge of public cloud architectures and management approach
* 3 years of experience in a DevOps environment with a focus on automation
* Knowledge of IT compliance processes and standards
* Experience with robust Disaster Recovery approaches and designs
* Proven ability to develop and enforce standards and best practices
* Exceptional strategic planning and problem-solving skills
* Excellent oral, written and presentation communication skills
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Significant attention to detail
* Ability to interact effectively and professionally with staff
* Weekend and after-hours work may be required as needed
* Relevant Enterprise Architecture certification is desirable
* AWS/Azure/cloud architect certifications are desirable
* Experience in the biotech, pharmaceutical, and/or medical device industry is highly desirable
* Experience with 21 CFR Part 11, SOX and software validation processes is highly desirable
* Experience with Sarbanes Oxley controlled environments is highly desirable
* Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent experience will be considered
* Ability to lift 50 lbs
As the leading employer in our industry in the Pacific Northwest, Seattle Genetics is proud to offer a competitive total compensation package as well as a comprehensive benefits program designed to support the whole lives of our employees and their families. Benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage, group and supplemental life insurance, 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, relocation assistance and much more. To learn more about Seattle Genetics, please visit www.seattlegenetics.com.
Seattle Genetics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applications will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, gender identity, sexual orientation, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law.
About Seattle Genetics
Seattle Genetics is dedicated to improving patient outcomes through advanced antibody-drug conjugate technology designed to deliver cell-killing agents directly to tumor cells.