Exciting NEW opportunity to join our Product Software Team!
The Senior Engineer, Software DevOps developer will work in the Product Development Division and is responsible for the several key areas within the software engineering organization including:
* Development of software that supports Shure software automation and integrated continuous build and release process for all Shure software projects
* The administration and enhancement of software engineering and product development tools for areas such as requirements management, test management, defect tracking, source code control, code reviews and others.
Representative Duties and Requirements:
* This role is for a Development Operations (DevOps) professional with experience in software configuration management (SCM), software development, automation, and Linux administration.
* BS or MS in CS, CE, or equivalent
* 8-10 Years of Experience in the software industry with active roles in software development, SCM, and system administration. The ideal candidate will have experience developing software, automating activities such as build, release and deployment, as well as installing and integrating tools.
* Specific skills include programming experience working with various languages - python, perl, C/C++, Java, C#, .Net, shell etc.
* Strong knowledge in configuration management tools and concepts - SVN, Git, Gerrit, Jenkins.
* Experience developing software, writing code to automate tasks and processes, and working with databases - IDEs, Cmake, GNU make, compilers and similar.
* Should possess knowledge in LAMP stack software (Linux, Apache httpd, Mysql, Php, Perl) and Tomcat
* Should have strong knowledge in Linux Administration
* Experience in Agile process.
* Strong Communication and problem solving skills. Able to fully document tools and administration steps in detailed runbooks.
* Proactive in working with geographically diversified teams.
* Having domain knowledge in Audio is a plus
* Experience working with MS Azure or other cloud vendors is a plus
* Experience working with Docker, Chef, Puppet, or Ansible is a plus