Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer
Eureka InfoTech Inc. in Hicksville, NY is seeking an experienced Sr. Data Warehouse Engineer. Individuals will apply advanced theoretical knowledge of Computer Science and Data Warehousing principles and concepts, as well as experience with standard occupational tools and technologies to validate data integrity at various levels of Data Warehousing starting from the source data copies through the end user reports (and any other deliverables). Individuals will be responsible for the following:
* Identify, evaluate and develop Data Modeling concepts and Data Warehouse solutions by providing technical expertise and oversight of the development of prototypes and proofs of concepts.
* Analyze business scenarios and identify opportunities for technically innovative solutions and improvements.
* Design various test plans, scenarios, and paths of the Data Warehouse workflow, including execution and testing of Informatica Mappings, migrating and configuring Informatica Objects for different QA setup environments.
* Provide technical expertise in designing and developing ETL/DA Architecture systems and procedures that are cost effective and meet user requirements.
* Work closely with the technical team (Technical Project Manager, Lead Developer, developers/software engineers, testers) and provide an oversight for the technical development of database solutions; configure the system if necessary.
* Work closely with solution managers to ensure maintainability and supportability of systems.
* Work closely with the solution architects within Informatics as well as with other Data Modeling and Data Mart functions.
* Enhance and create various database objects in Data Mart as per changing technical requirements.
* Ensure that Database Management solutions are architecturally consistent, fit for purpose, meet customer requirements and comply with all relevant IT and business standards.
The foregoing duties involve supervision of projects only, not personnel.
EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in Computer Science or any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics) field of study, plus three (3) years of experience in the job offered or in a related position(s) providing the required skills and abilities.
In lieu of the above-stated education and experience requirements, employer will accept a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and/or Mathematics) field of study, plus at least five (5) years of post-degree, progressively responsible and related experience in any position(s) providing the required skills and abilities.
Qualified applicants must have demonstrable experience, knowledge and proficiency with the
* ETL tools Informatica PowerCenter and Power Exchange
* Data modeling tool Erwin
* Relational database management system Oracle and DB2
* Business Intelligence
Any suitable combination of education, training or experience is acceptable. The term suitable, in this context, means substantial compatibility with stated academic level and job experience requirements and ability to perform job duties.
HOURS: 40 Hours/Week, Timing 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM
DURATION: Full Time Regular
JOB SITE: 76 N. Broadway, Suite 4010 Hicksville, NY-11801
* No travel or telecommuting. Job duties are project-based and performed on long-term assignments at various unanticipated sites within the United States which may require relocation at the end of the project.
* No phone calls or e-mails.
* Send resumes to: ATTN: HR, 76 N. Broadway, Suite 4010, Hicksville, NY 11801
* No calls or emails. EOE.
* Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
DATE POSTED: 07/20/2016