Sr. Data Scientist - Analytics
What's the Role:
The Analytics team strives to partner with all aspects of ATI to provide market insight and strategic support to help the company crush its goals. You'll be a champion of ATI's culture and values, partnering with our business leaders to inform recommendations, drive strategic business decisions, improve company performance, and grow profitability through in depth analyses. You will be focused on running plays that help grow and keep our organization financially/operationally sound and deliver on the exceptional customer experience promise every day. This position will report into the Director of Data Science.
Your Purpose at ATI:
In this role, you will work as part of a team exploring, connecting, and mining internal and external data sources to develop data models using algorithms for pattern detection and forecasting. In this position you will be part of a multidisciplinary team of high-level problem solvers who use advanced techniques, such as optimization, machine learning, and statistical analysis, to develop solutions that help deliver significant value to a variety of ATI's functions. Candidates will be exposed to a wide spectrum of high visibility projects ranging from sales effectiveness, competitive excellence, operational efficiency, marketing, sourcing and financial analysis.
What's Cool About This Job:
* You will be at the forefront of developing and/or using algorithms and statistical predictive models to help determine analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes
* You will be an expert in statistics and leverage statistical packages for analyzing large datasets
* You will exhibit work with structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry
* This role will collaborate with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics
* You will be tasked with designing, implementing, and tracking results of tests to better understand business impact across various initiatives
* You will influence change by developing and participating in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions
* Will give you a degree of freedom to exercise your curiosity to investigate and resolve problems independently with limited guidance
What You Need to be Successful:
* Master's degree in Data Science strongly preferred
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Computer Science, Computational Linguistics, Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Bioinformatics, Physics, Operations Research or related fields
Analytical and Skill Experience:
* In-depth knowledge of various modeling algorithms e.g. Linear, GLMs, trees based models, hierarchical clustering, PCA, and time series models.
* Proficiency in R (e.g. tidyverse packages, randomForest, caret) and/or Python.
* Anticipates and prevents roadblocks
* Experience with Tableau or Alteryx is a plus
* Minimum 5 years relevant data science work experience (if Bachelor's degree) or minimum 1 year relevant work experience (if Master's degree) with a proven track record in driving value in a commercial setting using data science skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to handle multiple, sometimes competing priorities
* Ability to manage time and priorities effectively
* Refined interpersonal skills
* Strong follow-through and adaptability to changing circumstances
ATI is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, ancestry, family care status, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or any other lawfully protected status. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply. It is the policy of ATI, as an equal opportunity employer, to attract and retain the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race/ethnicity, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability or veteran status. Other details
* Job Family Accounting - Finance
* Pay Type Salary