1 Broadway (21026), United States of America, Cambridge, Massachusetts
At Capital One, we're building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Sr. Data Engineer (Python, Scala, Spark)
We are building out a new office in Boston! Be a part of the team that delivers exceptional technology, data, machine learning, risk and compliance, finance, and business processes, products, and services to support the needs of an innovative, digitally-led bank fueled by technology! That means using the latest technology and systems to build, deploy and integrate applications that power our millions of external customers and thousands of internal workforce users.
We are challenging the status-quo by: migrating onto a Cloud-based infrastructure, re-engineering our Finance data ecosystem, and modernizing our applications with new technologies! Be on the ground floor as we rebuild our data ecosystem by enabling machine learning, improving performance, and better serving our customers. Help us Design, Deliver, and Demystify Capital One's data with enterprise scale and performance.
If this sounds like an interesting challenge for you, apply immediately to begin the conversation with us!
* You're passionate about engineering and obsess about code quality, performance, and CI/CD
* You like to work with modern architecture and latest open source technologies: Microservices, Docker, AngularJS, NodeJS, Java, Python, Kafka, Spark, and many more!
* You take an interest in infrastructure resiliency and how your code actually works at runtime: OS, network, and AWS cloud
* You thrive in a continuously learning and collaborative environment by reviewing other's code and asking them to do the same for you.
* You participate in forums, hackathons, meetups, and conferences
* You own your work by building systems to succeed in production, and you fix them when they don't
If you're looking for a career opportunity involving modern technologies and cloud scale computing, where you will have the opportunity to use your strong technical, analytical and leadership skills to make an impact then you're in luck!
* Build microservices to fully automate and integrate the full lifecycle of issues & events management into our real-time, event-based data ecosystem in the public cloud
* Build platforms and machine learning-driven capabilities to support investigations of AML and other financial crimes
* Develop governance capabilities for the company's advanced analytic environments where data scientists rapidly build and deploy models & algorithms
* Bachelor's Degree or Military experience
* At least 5 years' experience in Python, Scala, or Java
* At least 3 years of experience building data pipelines
* At least 1 year of experience building CICD pipelines
* At least 1 year of experience with Spark
* At least 1 year of experience working in the Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google)
* 8+ years' experience in software development
* 3+ years' experience with AWS
* Experience with data modeling and visualization
* Experience working with Machine Learning and Data Science teams
* Experience taking technical ownership over projects
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.