The Senior Data Engineer will be responsible for the design and development of a wide range of data integration processes in support of business operations and our analytics platform. The position will need to understand business and technical requirements and collaboratively architect, test and implement solutions to support business strategy. The candidate should also have strong technical expertise in informatica toolsets, API-enabled data services.
* Supports the planning, architecture, design, development of various data management solutions using informatica toolset.
* Work independently to builds scalable and efficient ETL systems to pull large and complex data together from different systems efficiently.
* Build services in Informatica Powercenter and Informatica cloud to interact with various on-premise, cloud data sources and RESTful APIs to achieve optimal data footprint.
* Develop solutions outside of Informatica that allows for data to be collected (Linux scripts, Python, REST API, etc.)
* Monitor performance, troubleshoot and tune ETL processes as appropriate.
* Follow standard software development methodologies (Informatica Velocity).
* Guide, train, instruct and assist team members with technical issues and designs.
* Recommend and advocate for new emerging technologies needed to improve efficiency in key business processes
* Observe all safety regulations; participate in safety training; report all unsafe conditions to the appropriate company personnel.
* Adhere to Company policies including but not limited to the Attendance Guideline, Freedom from Harassment and Employee Discount Guideline
* Builds and maintains effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
* Collaborates with the team, both departmental and with cross functional teams to build positive working relationships and establish a high level of trust and credibility throughout the organization.
WHAT IS REQUIRED:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Technology; or equivalent education/experience.
* Minimum of 10 years' experience in the architecture, design, and development of ETL programs using Informatics' data integration toolset;
* 3 years of experience with API integration using informatica cloud.
* 3 years experience with informatica CDC and other streaming technologies.
* 3 years of experience in Informatica Administrator role.
* 5 years of experience in Oracle database and other MPP databases with a focus on manipulating large volume data set.
* 5 years of experience in the architecture of highly scalable data warehouses & data lakes.
* 2 years of experience in various scripting languages (Linux shell scripts, python).
* Experience working with a variety of different data formats and platforms, including SQL and NoSQL databases, Big Data (MapReduce/Hadoop, Spark, etc.) and cloud data warehouse technology such as Amazon Redshift or Snowflake.
* Experience in creating and maintaining Enterprise Data Dictionaries.
* Enthusiastic self-starter, highly energetic and have a strong "can do" approach.
* Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Considerable business knowledge in retail and manufacturing industry.
* Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and how they might relate to our business operations.
* Pass a background check as well as an alcohol, controlled substance, and illegal drug screen that meets Company standards before beginning regular employment. Must be able to pass a criminal background check.