Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions-including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads-leverage Amazon's innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
As the Senior Data Engineer on our team, you will lead the development of our data platform and put together the Ads, content, partner, seller and customer engagement data into one scalable design to enable the best possible customer experiences. You will also communicate effectively with engineers, partners, leaders and a broad set of stakeholders.
A successful engineer in this role is:
* Highly analytical: You solve problems in ways that can be backed up with verifiable data. You focus on driving processes, tools, and statistical methods which support rational decision-making.
* Technically fearless: You aren't satisfied by performing 'as expected' and push the limits past conventional boundaries. Your dial goes to '11'.
* Team obsessed: You help grow your team members to achieve outstanding results. You foster the creative atmosphere to let engineers innovate, while holding them accountable for making smart decisions and delivering results.
* Humbitious: You're ambitious, yet humble. You recognize that there's always opportunity for improvement and use introspection and feedback from teammates and peers to raise the bar for your team.
* Engaged by ambiguity: You're able to explore new problem spaces with unique constraints and thus non-obvious solutions; you're quick to identify any gaps in the team and the right person to fill them to best deliver value to customers.
Your responsibilities in this role will include:
* Leading architecture design and implementation of next generation BI solutions
* Managing AWS resources including EC2, RDS, Redshift, Kinesis, EMR, Lambda etc.
* Mentoring and developing other DE's and BIE's.
* Building and deliver high quality data architecture and pipelines to support business analyst, data scientists, and reporting needs.
* Interfacing with other technology teams to extract, transform, and load data from a wide variety of data sources.
* Continually improving ongoing reporting and analysis processes, automating or simplifying self-service support for customers.
* Designing and building systems from scratch.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.