The data architect delivers an end to end vision on how data is organized, stored and secured at Pampered Chef. He/she architects, designs, creates, deploys and manages all aspects of a modern data architecture enabling our business to slice, analyze and finally make decisions based on curated visualization of the data. Leveraging technologies like predictive analytics, NoSQL databases, search and knowledge discovery, stream analytics, in-memory data fabric, distributed file stores, data virtualization, data integration, data preparation and most important data quality.
* Drive our data strategy
* Develop and maintain processes and standards to enable data access, reporting, quality and master data management (MDM).
* Identify and enable data capabilities across the organization
* Ensure data architecture is built for performance, fault tolerance and security applying reusable patterns
* Identify and implement build versus buy strategies
* Partner with teams across the organization to build, establish and deliver on road maps
* You geek out about the endless possibilities of data, passionate about technology and are excited about creating something amazing
* Strong data warehouse design and implementation techniques
* You have experience working with structured and unstructured data. You know data munging, data cleansing and building a data pipe that delivers nice, clean, structured, usable data.
* Experience building Talend Pipelines and working with Data Lakes
* Good experience with analytics and data platforms like Amplitude, AWS Redshift, Impala, Snowflake and Tableau
* Nice to Have: You, have prior experience working with Oracle MDM, OBIEE, MongoDB or other NoSQL databases
* Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving capabilities with the ability to translate data-driven insights and customer needs into business recommendations and solutions
* Strong work ethic and "can do" attitude with a high degree of self-motivation and the ability to work independently
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* We prefer a bachelor's degree in information technology or equivalent work experience
* We expect you'll have spent at least 5 - 10 years of experience in similar roles
* Bonus points if you have experience with e-commerce data warehouses and extracting information