Stroz Friedberg, An Aon Company
Aon is looking for a Senior Consultant, Incident Response
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions. As a Senior Consultant, you will report directly to the Head of Lab.
Your impact as a Senior Consultant, Incident Response:
As a Senior Consultant, you are expected to bring several years' experience in the cybersecurity or technical consulting industry to bear on your casework. You will work at the direction of a Vice President or Managing Director in the unit to run client cases, which might require analysis of any technology used today: laptops and workstations, servers, networking switches, IoT devices, or cloud-based accounts and infrastructure.
* Preserve and analyze data from electronic data sources, including laptops, servers and desktop computers, servers.
* Investigate network intrusions and other cyber security breaches to determine the cause and extent of the breach.
* Excel in digital forensic and cybercrime response efforts. Liaise with client representatives.
* Produce high quality oral and written work product, presenting complex technical matters clearly and concisely.
* Form and articulate expert opinions based on analysis.
* Consult with and take direction from supervisors, engagement managers, and clients regarding case investigation and status.
* Contribute to a curriculum and assist in-house training sessions, individualized if needed, for DFIR staff, to ensure appropriate development of skills and continued innovation.
* Maintain proficiency with industry standard tools and practices.
* Maintain a high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
* Develop and broaden forensic skill set through external training and research.
* Support the mentorship and technical development of Consultants in Digital Forensics.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* Strong work ethic and motivation, with a demonstrated history of leading small to mid-size investigations. Even stronger analytic, quantitative, and creative problem-solving abilities.
* Experience with Business Email Compromise and Ransomware incidents.
* Ability to anticipate and respond to changing priorities and operate effectively in a dynamic, demand-based environment, requiring flexibility and responsiveness to client matters and needs.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Must be able to work collaboratively across agencies and physical locations.
* A high level of professionalism in all areas of performance.
* A constantly developed DFIR skill set and proficiency with industry standard tools and practices, through outside training and research.
* Comfort with intermittent periods of significant travel, evening and weekend hours.
* Established experience with most common operating systems (Windows, macOS, Linux, iOS, Android) and their file systems (ext3/4, HFS+, APFS, NTFS, exFAT, etc.).
* Proficiency with industry-standard DFIR toolsets, including X-Ways, EnCase , FTK, and Volatility.
* Experience with cloud infrastructures for the enterprise, such as Amazon Web Services, G Suite, Office 365, and Azure.
* Experience with conducting log analysis of Windows Event Logs, Apache, IIS, and firewall logs.
* Experience with ransomware investigations.
* Experience with command line tools (grep, sed, awk, powershell).
* Familiarity with computer system hardware and software installation and troubleshooting.
* Well-developed analytic, qualitative, and quantitative reasoning skills and demonstrated creative problem solving abilities.
* Proficiency with MS Office Applications, and familiarity with Windows, Macintosh and Linux operating systems.
* Bachelor's degree required. 3+ years of sustained excellence in digital forensics, incident response, or applicable technical field.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
DISCLAIMER: Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
About Stroz Friedberg, An Aon Company
GLOBAL LEADERS in DigitalForensics, IncidentResponse, SecurityScience, Intelligence, Investigations, DataDiscovery, ForensicAccounting & Compliance.