Job ID R1905313-1 Date posted Jun. 06, 2019
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era. A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware builds and simplifies IT complexity across the entire virtual workplace. We empower customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where phenomenal people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and tackle tomorrow's problems today.
Job Role and Responsibility
Due to rapid growth and increased demand for our industry-leading End User Computing software solutions, VMware is actively seeking an EUC Senior Consultant to join this growing team.
As an EUC Senior Consultant, you will be responsible for the successful delivery of VMware Workspace ONE, inclusive of our Unified Endpoint Management, Identity and Access Management, desktop virtualization, and application virtualization solutions. You will work directly with your clients and other team members on the day-to-day tasks involved with the implementation of the VMware Workspace ONE solution including: customer assessment, solution design, system configuration, testing, training, troubleshooting/issues resolution, and customer relationship management.
We have found that our customer solutions are most successful when customers are given the opportunity to collaborate with an EUC Senior Consultant throughout the implementation and deployment process to ensure a transformation of our customers' end-user computing experience.
Core job responsibilities:
* You will evaluate the customer's technical and business requirements and design solutions that maximize the customer's investment in VMware technology.
* You will drive complex digital workspace engagements for enterprise customers.
* Act as a guide for our customers through various deployment phases, providing clear, accurate timelines and critical information to help them make informed decisions; monitor progress against schedule; assess risks and execute contingency plans.
* You will provide Workspace ONE UEM solution feedback to our Software Development team to allow for continuous product improvement based on internal and external product experiences.
* As a self-starter you will have the opportunity to act as a thought leader in both identity and access management and mobility technologies.
* You will have the opportunity to drive business process improvement within multiple VMware business units.
Our Professional Services Organization offers tremendous room for growth in a career journey with VMware. Are you passionate about the digital workspace? Are you ready to join this expanding team?
* Bachelor's degree OR equivalent, relevant on-the-job training
* Minimum of five years professional experience in a client-facing or consulting role
* You have an understanding of mobile device technology and associated operating systems
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, you can explain technical topics in simple terms; think quickly and react to client-impacting situations.
* Strong networking and security troubleshooting skills
* Technical and creative problem-solving skills.
* Flexible travel up to 75 percent of the time (weekdays only).
* Desired Skills
* Solid understanding of specific mobile device platforms
* Experience with Virtual Desktops and Virtual applications like VMware Horizon and/or Citrix
* Experience in Product Management, Project Management, or Change Management preferred.
* Experience with server management and configuration
* Experience with any scripting language is a plus
* Experience with Identity Providers like Okta, Ping, Azure, OAM or others.
VMware is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and affirmative action for you. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees in personnel actions, which include: recruiting and hiring, selection for training, promotion, rates of pay or other compensation, transfer, discipline, demotion, layoff or termination. VMware does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression, family medical history or genetic information, citizenship, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, military status, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation. VMware also makes reasonable accommodations for disabled employees consistent with applicable law. Further, it is the policy of VMware to maintain a working environment free of all forms of harassment. Technical design and documentation experience preferred.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Apply now Apply now