Company Aurora Flight Job ID 2453 Date posted 05/31/2019 Location Cambridge, Massachusetts Company
The Autonomy Research Division was formed to address a growing research area at Aurora. Specifically, ARD applies select disciplines to the development of advanced autonomous systems, supporting levels of autonomy ranging from unmanned aircraft to optionally-piloted aircraft and human-automation teaming within the flight deck.
We are seeking experts and explorers in the areas of perception and sensor fusion, machine learning, human-collaborative engineering, big data, deep learning, novel algorithm development for breakthrough autonomy, mathematics, GPU computing, embedded systems, adaptive control, flight control and trajectory planning, modeling and simulation, and related fields. Cross-disciplinary interests are highly sought and unique initiatives are encouraged.
* B.S. or M.S. in aerospace, mechanical, or electrical/computer science engineering with an aerospace controls and/or autonomy emphasis. A Ph.D. is preferred.
* 10+ years of demonstrated industry experience.
* Requires excellent English written and oral communications skills.
* Requires strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated success working in and contributing to a highly collaborative environment.
* Focused expertise and ability to apply one or both of:
* Classical and advanced state estimation and flight control concepts and methods and/or
* Trajectory, route, and mission planning algorithms.
* Ability to set up, utilize, and maintain simulation and hardware-in-the-loop environments to develop, validate, and implement algorithms and software for real-time flight systems.
* Knowledge of state of the art in optimization methods.
* Strong C and C++ software development skills, especially in a Linux environment.
* Experience in machine learning, artificial intelligence, multi-agent collaborative control and planning algorithms.
* Experience in image-processing, embedded systems, ROS, OMS, or FACE open-systems architectures.
* Experience with dynamic modeling of helicopter and/or fixed-wing dynamics, as well as stability and control analysis.
* Experience in aerial manipulation and/or conventional robotic manipulation.
* Experience with test planning and execution.
* Experience in model-based aircraft control.
* Strong skills in Simulink and Stateflow, especially auto-coding.
* Military and/or UAV experience is a plus
Aurora Company Overview
Aurora Flight Sciences, a Boeing Company, is a leader in the development and manufacturing of advanced unmanned systems and aerospace vehicles. Our mission is to apply autonomy and robotics to the development, production, and operation of advanced aircraft. During the last three decades, Aurora has designed, rapid-prototyped, and flown an average of one new vehicle a year for both government and commercial customers. Now, as an independent subsidiary of Boeing, Aurora's innovation is combined with Boeing's size and strength, creating an unprecedented opportunity to shape the future of aerospace systems.
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.