As a Developer within Aetnas Enterprise Management Process Automation organization, you will be working on the core development RAPID Real-time Accurate Performance Insight Data System, which is a high-profile project designed to automate the Executive reporting for the Aetna Healthcare segment within CVS. This role has high visibility and impacts our opportunity to change the status quo for Aetnas highest level of reporting.
This role will partner with business owners, IT, data stewards and external vendors to drive the success of the RAPID tool. Key aspects of the role include requirements gathering, documentation, solution development and most importantly development of capabilities in the Vinyl software platform.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Independently design, develop and implement solutions, utilizing Vinyl (SQL based), to support the enhancement of our RAPID tool by furthering capabilities, data accuracy, and usability through the use of a variety of coding and database technologies
2. Rapidly develop and refine solutions to requirements documents being able to take ideas and develop usable tool enhancements within short periods of time
3. The ability to develop capabilities using SQL, BI and Tableau is desired
4. Experience integrating large structured and unstructured data in multiple format, character sets and delivery methods
5. Works with business sponsors, SMES and application teams; to understand the business requirements; analyze and assess availability, quality, and lineage of source system data
6. Design, map data from source to target and develop data integration solutions that meet business needs
7. Partners with other engineers through design reviews, providing feedback on feasibility, scalability, performance and adherence to standards
8. Partners with business, analysts, application teams and other stakeholders to design, map data from source to target, develop, test, and implement solutions
9. Ensuring model design solves the end users need.
10. Stay relevant in other technologies to offer solutions, suggestions and maintain a front line presence in technology solutions
6+ years experience in application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Expertise in one or more programming language, development tools, and/or databases and the systems development life cycle, applicable to development organization.
4-6+ years experience in systems analysis and application program development, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Experience with application development support software packages.
Understand the business and functional requirements that apply to the applications supporting a sub-domain or domain as well as their relevant interfaces.
The highest level of education desired for candidates in this position is a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
Functional - Information Technology/Application development/1-3 Years
Functional - Project Management/Project Manager/1-3 Years
Technical - Aetna Applications/Hyperion Planning/1-3 Years/End User
Technical - Development Languages/SQL/1-3 Years/
General Business/Communicating for Impact/FOUNDATION
Leadership/Collaborating for Results/ADVANCED
Technology/Developing Software Solutions/ADVANCED
ADDITIONAL JOB INFORMATION
Aetna is about more than just doing a job. This is our opportunity to re-shape healthcare for America and across the globe. We are developing solutions to improve the quality and affordability of healthcare. What we do will benefit generations to come.
We care about each other, our customers and our communities. We are inspired to make a difference, and we are committed to integrity and excellence.
Together we will empower people to live healthier lives.
Aetna is an equal opportunity & affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of personal characteristics or status. We take affirmative action to recruit, select and develop women, people of color, veterans and individuals with disabilities.
We are a company built on excellence. We have a culture that values growth, achievement and diversity and a workplace where your voice can be heard.
Benefit eligibility may vary by position. Click here to review the benefits associated with this position.
Aetna takes our candidates's data privacy seriously. At no time will any Aetna recruiter or employee request any financial or personal information (Social Security Number, Credit card information for direct deposit, etc.) from you via e-mail. Any requests for information will be discussed prior and will be conducted through a secure website provided by the recruiter. Should you be asked for such information, please notify us immediately.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.