Provides guidance and direction to LIS Analysts and operations of the LIS department. Plans, conducts and coordinates programming application activities for Core Laboratories. Writes business applications computer software. Develops statements of problems and requirements, designs system and programs and writes supporting computer programs. Works with system users to define business applications. Troubleshoots and resolves problems; develops user and operational documentation.
* Advanced laboratory experience in the laboratory more than 5 years * Cerner experience as an analyst with Cerner not just end user Cerner experience.
1. Provides guidance and direction to LIS Analysts and operations of the LIS department.
2. Investigates and documents existing system procedures. Discusses proposed solutions for complex systems with customer and recommends appropriate design alternatives to be implemented based upon customer constraints.
3. Develops and executes plans and procedures for data conversion, customer acceptance criteria and installation strategy. Prepares reports outlining the proposed systems or revisions. Codes, tests, and documents using specialized language programs. Performs specialized programming tasks requiring high degree of technical proficiency.
4. Analyzes new system functions and uses of information in developing general specifications. Develops functional specifications to define detail input/output, file content, system functions/controls and performance criteria. Identifies design alternatives that will support a solution to an analysis model.
5. Evaluates design alternatives for development cost, runtime performance and software complexity trade-offs.
6. Prepares customer user manuals and training materials. Participates in user training and provides advice on operational issues.
* High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Knowledge of Computer Science, Information Technology, Medical Technology or related field as normally acquired through the completion of Bachelor's Degree, required. * Minimum of five (5) years progressive experience in systems analysis and/or programming, required. * Ability to translate high level specifications for software components into the designs and resultant implementation.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.