About EMPIRE TODAY®
Empire Today has been a leading provider of installed home improvements for 60 years. Empire offers the largest in-stock selection of flooring in the United States. Convenience, quality, and selection make Empire stand out. With Empire Today, homeowners and business customers can get quality Carpet, Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl Flooring, and Window Treatments from top brands they know and trust. And because Empire warehouses thousands of products, customers can get the right product, professionally installed when they need it, as soon as the next day.
Empire was founded in 1959 and provides service to more than 70 metropolitan areas in the United States. With more than three million satisfied customers, Empire Today is dedicated to its mission of Making Beautiful New Floors Easy.
Empire Today's Information Technology team is responsible for managing our Network Infrastructure which allows our 70+ locations to interact as one company. In addition to managing our Wide Area Network, our IT team also manages our office and call center Cisco telecommunications infrastructure, desktop technology, remote users (call center and sales), and all server and desktop based application. Our IT Business Systems Team deploys and manage enterprise and leading edge software systems that are part of Empire's lead generation, sales, order fulfillment, warehouse and installation operations. We leverage Cisco and Microsoft technology solutions to enable our business to be agile and react to fulfill key business objectives in a time sensitive manner, allowing us to serve our flooring and technology customers.
The SQL Server Database Developer will:
* Demonstrate expertise in all areas of SQL Server database design and development including:
* Design tables with foreign key relationships, understand schema design best practices. Relational database design and normalization.
* Create complex stored procedures, functions and views to extract and transform data prior to loading into our enterprise data warehouse. Understand how to use each join type, group by statements, common table expressions, sub-queries.
* Understand how to work with bulk data operations for moving large amounts of data in the shortest time possible.
* Optimize SQL for performance, understand how to read and tune SQL/joins based on query plans, design and implement the correct indexes to achieve optimal SQL performance.
* Have a strong understanding of SSIS package development including:
* How to efficiently move data between multiple different data sources (including to/from Azure SQL database)
* How to create and use variables, package configurations and expression-based properties.
* Understanding data flow and control flow tasks including precedence constraints.
The successful candidate will possess:
* Bachelor's Degree. Equivalent combination of experience, education and training/certification will be considered.
* 3 years' previous experience in similar SQL Server Developer position.
* Excellent interpersonal (verbal and written) communication skills.
* Strong skills in MS Word, Excel, Outlook.
* US Citizen or GC Holder.
* Knowledge of data warehouse modeling a plus
* Understanding of SQL database administration tasks such as backup and restore, server configuration and security.
* Knowledge/experience with master data applications and data models, particularly Maestro MDS and SQL Server master data services.
Employees are eligible for numerous benefits including:
* Quick enrollment into our benefit plans. Eligibility is first of the month following just two weeks of employment.
* A premium 401K Investment Plan, with the company matching your amount invested dollar for dollar up to 4% with no vesting. Find another Company that can beat that!
* Medical Insurance with several plan options and a Health Savings Account to meet you and your family's health needs.
* Prescription Drug Coverage
* Dental Insurance - Twice a year visits at no cost.
* Vision Insurance with materials coverage
* Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical & Dependent Care
* Wellness Program - A best in class program offering substantial awards payable right on your paycheck
* Basic Life Insurance and AD&D
* Short Term Disability Coverage
* Long Term Disability Coverage
* Employee Assistance Program
* Paid Holidays including Floating Holidays
* Paid Time Off (PTO) that grows with years of service
* Empire Perks - An employee discount purchasing program offering you great savings on the things you want.
The company conducts a background check and drug screen for all new hires.
Empire Today is an equal opportunity employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills.
By Submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Empire Today to transmit and store your information in the Empire Today group companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.