Are you a Database Specialist? Do you like to solve the most complex and large-scale database challenges in the world today? Do you want to have an impact in the development and use of new database technologies? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help customers and partners use Cloud computing web services to build new solutions, faster, and at lower cost? Do you like to gain the deepest customer and partner insights using Cloud computing technologies?
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world.
At AWS, we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on migrating their Database and Analytics Solutions to the cloud. This role will specifically focus on AWS Database Services such as Amazon RDS, Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
You would be part of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility challenges facing many organizations. The business development and accounting management teams will help accelerate the adoption of AWS as the leading cloud technology platform.
The ideal candidate will …
Be great fun to work with. Our company credo is "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
Enjoy working with customers and partners. You have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud computing systems for some of the world's largest and most important organizations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
* Design Customer Solutions Collaborate with AWS field sales, presales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS Database services such Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Aurora and Amazon Database Migration Services.
* Devise Strategy and Engage with Solution Architects, Account Managers Professional Services and Partners to define a Databse & Analytics Engagement strategy for AWS operational territories and key accounts.
* Thought Leadership - Provide global thought leadership on Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of AWS Services. This takes the form of contribution to external publications such as the AWS Big Data Blog, Whitepapers and Reference architectures, as well as internal training of Solution Architects, Professional Services Consultants, Technical Account Managers, and AWS Trainers
* Serve as a key member of the business development and account management team in helping to ensure customer success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform.
* Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
* Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the worldwide AWS solution architect community.
* Understand AWS market segments, and industry verticals.
* Understand and exploit the use of internal business support systems.
* The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to software developers, IT pros, and system architects. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
* The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess significant experience of software development and/or IT and networking implementation/consulting experience.
* Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
* Up to 50% travel required.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.