Job ID ES20191605-31343 Date posted 05/17/2019
Job Title: Embedded Software Engineer
Location: Dulles, Virginia
Job Code: ES20191605-31343
Harris Corporation is a leading technology innovator, solving customers' toughest mission-critical challenges by providing solutions that connect, inform and protect. Harris supports government and commercial customers in more than 100 countries and has approximately $6 billion in annual revenue. The company is organized into three business segments: Communication Systems, Space and Intelligence Systems and Electronic Systems. Learn more at harris.com.
Seeking an Embedded Software Engineer who will be responsible for architecting, designing and developing embedded applications for a wide-range of special communication and software defined radio systems/devices.
* Responsible for software development efforts on various embedded platforms for special communication and software defined radio system/devices
* Architect, design and develop embedded software applications utilizing C/C++
* Work closely with System, HW and test engineers throughout the embedded software design/development life cycle
* Work directly customers to ensure embedded software meets key mission requirements Customers
* Document software design and participate in design and code reviews
* Perform software/hardware integration during software development and unit testing
* Bachelor's Degree and minimum 6 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 4 years of prior related experience.
* 6 years of professional C/C++ language embedded software development experience required.
* Embedded Linux User and/or Kernel space experience
* Nucleus, MQX, or equivalent embedded RTOS experience.
* Proficiency with multi-threaded design
* Working experience with problem solving and embedded software debugging skills
* Active Secret or TS/SCI clearance a plus.
* Knowledge of Git revision control.
* Ability to multitask across multiple projects/initiatives
* Knowledge of JIRA.
* Ability to plan technical work and provide inputs to schedule and estimate generation
* Familiarity with configuration management processes and tools
* Strong oral and written communication skills
Please be aware that many of our positions, including this one, require a security clearance, or the ability to obtain one. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Candidates will support Environment, Health and Safety by fulfilling the Harris EHS Policy, complying with Harris EHS programs and applicable regulations, and striving for continual EHS improvement
L3Harris EEO statement:
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
Apply SAVE FOR LATER