Are you ready to join the world's most innovative and influential community of media and entertainment professionals?
Avid Technology is looking for Solutions Engineer to join the Americas Professional Services Team on the West Coast (USA). Work can be carried out at customer sites, and at your home office if you are not located close to an Avid office.
About the role
* You will analyze customer technical, workflow and operational requirements and define Asset Management solutions based on Avid's product line.
* You will also identify and scope customer-specific developments and will lead the development team as Product Owner.
* You will be responsible for all technical aspects of an Avid Asset Management implementation, including configuration of the system as well as solution-specific training for the customer. A strong software development background is beneficial.
* Additional tasks include support of pre-sales activities, product demonstrations and proof of concept (POC) builds. A strong broadcast industry knowledge and experience in the media workflow lifecycle is preferred.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Consulting and requirements analysis for our domestic and international customers
* Responsibility for the complete System Design (HW+SW) ensuring technical feasibility and support of the customer specific business processes
* Specification, calculation, and planning of work packages and test cases
* Advise customers and team members on technical best practices during the project lifecycle
* Perform in an Agile environment as a Product Owner, delivering customer-specific developments
* Manage the development of the customer specific solutions
* Implementing customer-specific workflows
* Installation, configuration, and test of complete solutions
* Master of Science degree in Computer Science or equivalent
* 5 years of experience in requirements analysis and system designs in large and complex technical environments, ideally in the field of (Digital or Media) Asset Management / Media workflow solutions
* Thorough technical know-how in the IT sector
* Good understanding of technology as it is applied in the media industry.
* Experience in a high-level programming language
* Understand the solutions and best practices integrating technical modules
* Innovative and creative
* Tenacious and dedicated
* Highly self-motivated to drive self and others for successful outcomes.
* Strong customer orientation and willingness to travel
* Good communication and language skills, other languages are most welcome
* Knowledge of SCRUM / Agile development process
Through Avid Everywhere, Avid delivers the industry's most open, innovative and comprehensive media platform connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution and consumption for the most listened to, most watched and most loved media in the world-from the most prestigious and award-winning feature films, music recordings, and television shows, to live concerts and news broadcasts. Industry leading solutions include Pro Tools®, Media Composer®, Nexis®, Interplay®, and Sibelius®. Our digital audio and video solutions continue to revolutionize the art of creative storytelling, and have earned us hundreds of awards, including two Oscar® statuettes, a Grammy®, and 16 Emmys®