In June 2017, Sumo Logic announced another $75M funding round led by Sapphire Ventures, with participation from new and existing investors including DFJ Growth, Greylock Partners, Sequoia Capital, and others ( https://www.sumologic.com/press/2017-06-27/75-million-funding-round/). This brings our total funding to $235.5M to date. Sumo Logic's business has scaled significantly, tripling both our annual recurring revenue and customer count to over 1,500 customers, reflecting every major vertical and company size.
Who Are We?
We are a secure, cloud-native, machine data analytics service, delivering real-time, continuous intelligence from structured, semi-structured and unstructured data across the entire application lifecycle and stack. Our mission is to democratize analytics, making it accessible, simple and powerful for businesses of all sizes to build, run and secure their organizations. With Sumo Logic, customers can harness the power of machine data to gain operational business and customer insights that lead to competitive advantage and differentiated customer experience.
What Do We Do?
Sumo Logic was founded in 2010 by experts in log management, scalable systems, big data, and security. We imagined a world of Yottabyte-scale machine data, where machine learning algorithms and advanced analytics could make sense of it all. Today, our purpose-built, cloud-native service analyzes more than 100 petabytes of data, more than 16 million searches, and delivers 10s of millions of insights daily - positioning Sumo among the most powerful machine data analytics services in the world. Our customers around the globe rely on Sumo Logic for the analytics and insights to build, run and secure their modern applications and cloud infrastructures. With Sumo Logic, customers gain a service-model advantage to accelerate their shift to continuous innovation, increasing competitive advantage, business value and growth.
The Solutions Engineer position is a post-sales role on our Professional Services team under the Customer Success umbrella. The role is both highly technical and customer facing. As a Solutions Engineer, you will be responsible for helping our customers adopt the Sumo Logic platform by applying our best practices, tools and industry knowledge, from machine data ingest to building out use cases (alerts, dashboards, etc.). You will enable customers to leverage our platform to troubleshoot and monitor their applications and infrastructure. This role also interfaces with various teams within Sumo Logic such as Product Management, Engineering, Sales, Sales Engineering and Support.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth knowledge of the software development lifecycle, operations & infrastructure and/or cyber security areas as well as experience interfacing with highly technical customers in a pre- or post-sales capacity. Additionally, general knowledge of the current IT landscape, cloud computing and modern tools and methodologies is required.
Redwood City, CA
* Work closely with customers to understand their requirements, deliver best practices design and guidance, and configure Sumo Logic for their environment
* Onboard new customers to the Sumo Logic platform
* Research the collection, parsing, and analysis of log data from various devices or services
* Develop default content such as parsers, dashboard, and searches for the Sumo Logic Service
* Deliver training to new and existing Sumo Logic customers
* Develop and deliver custom, complex configuration and training to mature customers who want to take Sumo Logic to the next level.
* Work closely with Product Management and Engineering teams to improve overall customer experience and product quality
* Five or more years hands-on experience in a customer facing software implementation role such as Professional Services or Sales Engineering
* Knowledge of operating systems, databases and modern and traditional application stacks
* Experience with public cloud services such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
* Ability to write complex regular expressions
* Experience writing scripts in languages such as Python, Ruby or Perl
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to present to large groups in a training setting
* The ability to travel
* The ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth and rapidly changing environment
* Software development experience
* BS in Computer Science or Engineering