Symphony is looking for a Solutions Architect to work in their New York office. As the primary technical resource during the implementation phases, you will be responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation and implementation stages once a sale is complete, working as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. You must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. The role encompasses a post-sales product and user on-boarding element and may involve some pre-sales engagement with the Sales Engineering team. The Solutions Architect will be responsible for implementing our services and acting as a consultant during the integration process. In addition, the solutions architect must be able to identify any technical issues of assigned accounts to ensure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the on-boarding processes. The successful candidate must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the post-sales cycle and will work closely with the Sales Engineering Team as well as the Technical Support Teams and Helpdesks.
* Responsible for development and delivery of technical presentations to customers and internal associates.
* May be required to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
* Gather customer requirements for Product Management and Support teams
* Consult with customer technical teams to gather technical requirements during implementation and integration phases
* Project manage Symphony Services implementations from initial on-boarding to hand over to Community Specialist and Support Teams - this includes hand on support of client technical teams during on-premise installations
* Assist in product testing and research
* Provide reporting on implementation activities, customer initiatives, and product requirements
* Contribute technical documentation and content as needed for services and products
* Working knowledge of corporate network infrastructure topology and protocols including firewall configuration, DNS management, network routing and IP connectivity
* Understanding of SAML specification to support client based Single Sign On (SSO)
* Knowledge of Compliance platforms including Actiance, Global Relay, HP Autonomy, Smarsh etc.
* RHEL, Java App servers (Tomcat, GlassFish, Jetty)
* SSL Certificate management
* DNS, VPN (configuring)
* Basic understanding of security models
* Very good problem solving skills
Symphony transforms the way users communicate effectively and securely with a single workflow application. Forging a new path in the industry, Symphony is designed to help individuals, teams and organizations of all sizes improve productivity, while meeting complex data security and regulatory compliance needs. Symphony was founded in October 2014 and is headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore, Tokyo, Stockholm, Sophia-Antipolis and London.
Symphony has raised roughly $300 million from the world's largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Barclays, BNP Paribas, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We're looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS: vary based on location
* Competitive salary
* Bonus Plan
Symphony reserves the right of ownership for all unsolicited resumes submitted for this requisition and is not responsible for any fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Symphony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Symphony participates in E-Verify.
Symphony is the secure, cloud-based communications platform that connects markets and individuals, promotes collaboration and increases workflow productivity.