Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
General Purpose of the Role/Job Position Summary Description:
Our NSW/AS/NS/Cloud Domain Services (Nokia Software/Applications Services/Network Services/Cloud Domain Services) has an opportunity for an experienced, junior-level, Solution Engineer. As Solution Engineer, you have exciting career opportunities at a time when Nokia is driving the way Telecom Operators & Service providers are transforming to the Cloud , NFV and SDN.
You shall be engaged in Cloudband, Cloud Platforms and NFV (vIMS, vPPC, vEPC, …) delivery projects, spanning the NOKIA Cloud portfolio as well 3th party Cloud infrastructures. As a Cloud Solution Engineer you will participate in Nokia's Cloud/NFV/SDN customer delivery projects, spanning High- and Low-Level Design, Test & Customer acceptance Design (Strategy, Test Cases), NOKIA and Customer lab integration & validation, delivery (install and commissioning in the field) and customer field acceptance. You shall perform solution-based install, configuration and acceptance of pre-architected solutions, either remote or on-site - to that end, some travel to customer sites will be required. You shall also provide remote or on-site support to other engineers during installation, acceptance and diagnosis activities and take care of integration issue handling during deployment.
Key Responsibilities / Functions:
* Create and customize Method of Procedure and Acceptance Test Procedure for Cloudband Infrastructure Software (CBIS) /Cloudband Application Manager (CBAM) /Cloudband Network Director (CBND) solutions
* Configure Spine and leaf switches for the Cloud infrastructure based on Low Level Design
* Deploy CBIS, CBAM, CBND solutions
* Execute ATP to get acceptance
* Support Virtual Network Function on-boarding in debugging issues and providing resolution
* Integrate the Cloud systems with Fault Management and Performance Management systems.
* Integrate with 3rd party orchestrator
* Support Vertical Integration and Horizontal End to End integration.
* Provide customer knowledge transfer for the deployment
* Must be able to travel up to 50%
Required Minimum Qualifications: (Education, Technical Skills/Knowledge)
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science / Electronics /Telecommunication / Electrical engineering /related engineering field
* At least 2 years' professional experience in IT/Telecommunications with at least 1 years' experience focused on Cloud Infrastructure deployments
* Hands-on experience on Linux System Administration.
* Knowledge on NFV & SDN
* Hands-on experience Virtual Infrastructure Management systems
* Knowledge with IP Networking and experience to configure L2/L3 Switches and routers.
* Hands-on experience with IPMI, ILO, BIOS and Firmware Upgrades
* Excellent communication skills (written/verbal) and the ability to work well in a global team environment
* Able to work independently with minimal supervision
* Ability to analyze technical problems around product installation, configuration, integration
Having following skills/Certifications will be a Plus
* Strong skills with python, and yaml, etc.
* Knowledge of data formats (XML, JSON, etc.)
* Certifications such as RHCSA (Red Hat Certified System Administrator)
At Nokia, employment decisions are made regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.