Valtech is a global digital agency where experiences are engineered
We take the complicated and make it simple. We support our clients in the research, design and marketing of smart digital experiences and interfaces. We develop innovative products.
We're passionate about digital and we live in the possibilities of the future. We thrive on agility and on constant concern for the end user's experience.
As a Solution Architect you will be an active member on client project teams playing a hands-on role in producing client solutions. You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers and effectively lead a project stream on a project. Your contribution to the success of our client work will rely on the skills and responsibilities you bring to each project.
A successful Solution Architect is highly adaptable, shows strong initiative, is able to work independently, has a driving desire to grow professionally towards specific goals, and is energized by working in a team environment. This position requires a focus on client success, client-facing skills and a strong understanding of the project lifecycle and software development lifecycle. You must be a self-motivated individual and take pride in delivering high quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
* Act as a sales engineer both for new projects and within existing client accounts; assess client requests and propose solutions, estimates and alternatives.
* Clearly articulate solutions and options to client business stakeholders.
* Lead development process, solution design and build implementation towards the on-budget, on-time, high quality delivery of client projects.
* Play a direct role in client communications and expectation/scope management.
* Participate in requirements analysis and documentation and development of acceptance criteria.
* Play a senior consulting role for specific areas of domain expertise; working towards industry visibility.
* Work with project and account managers to build project plans and timelines.
* Identify and call out technical risks and dependencies from time to time.
* Direct development methodology and play a role of technical leader within the team.
* Contribute to and execute on processes and practices towards delivery excellence, team happiness & client satisfaction.
* Supervise, mentor and coach Senior Developers while acting as a positive and supportive force within the team.
* You have an educational background as an engineer or a master's degree in computer science.
* You have 3-5+ years' experience as a Sitecore developer, and you have been a lead on several Sitecore-based development projects.
* You have design and implementation experience with Sitecore 8.x and 9.x.
* You are a Sitecore MVP or have ambitions of becoming one in the near future.
* You have experience with Sitecore Experience Accelerator (SXA).
* You will get bonus points if you are Sitecore certified, but not a showstopper if you can demonstrate experience across the platform.
* You have the ability to communicate, produce documentation, prepare and lead client sessions, etc.
* You have the ability to sell technical concepts, sell our team and our capabilities to business stakeholders.
* You have architecture skills, including:
* Solution architecture of multi-tier applications and integrations specifically on the Microsoft/.NET stack
* Solution infrastructure, including recommending and validating servers, databases, load balancing, performance metrics, etc. in a Microsoft/Windows/IIS/SQL Server environmen
* Nice to haves:
* knowledge of other market leading CMS platforms and solutions
* Software upgrades, installation and configuration for our key platforms (Sitecore ideally)
* You are comfortable architecting source control, continuous delivery, continuous integration, and deployment management for our projects and for clients.
* You have working knowledge of ALM processes and tools (Jira, TeamCity, TFS, Git, etc.).
* You are comfortable working on projects that follow agile principles and practices.
* You have experience with and deep knowledge of integration to e.g. ERP, CRM, DAM, PIM and other third-party integrations.
* You have extensive experience with MVC and LINQ.
* Outstanding communication skills, for teamwork and collaboration within the team and with the clients.
* Undisputed love for technology, for the ability to share this passion with our clients.
* You know the importance of having reliable and stable development environments and can set up SQL-servers for you and your developer colleagues. The point is, you know the hardware side as well.
* Willingness to learn and curiosity, for staying up to date with technology.
* Ability to work in an agency environment that is informal, high autonomous and multicultural.
Some travel is required as part of this position.
We offer a chance to work with an amazing team, global clients, competitive salary, medical and dental benefits, life and disability insurance, as well as work from home options.
If you would like to join our growing company please apply today!
We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
* We do not accept unsolicited candidate profiles from recruiting firms*
Valtech is a global digital agency focused on business transformation.