Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 103,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
IT Architect (Salesforce)
The position of IT Salesforce.com Architect is within the Digital Technology 'Services (DTS) division of Abbott Information Technology. DTS is responsible for the planning, delivery, implementation, and ongoing support for Abbott IT Commercial, Collaboration, and Analytics applications. This position will be focused around solution architecture for Abbott's Nutrition and Established Pharmaceutical Division (EPD) business and related CRM and commercial applications.
The Salesforce Solution Architect works with the technical delivery teams, divisional IT and business owners to design complex cloud-based solutions using Salesforce and related technologies. The Salesforce Solution architect owns the solution architecture and design of complex components including integrations, security, configuration and custom development.
* Approve overall technical design for solutions delivered on the Salesforce platform. Owning review and sign-off of design elements and overall technical design.
* Work with the teams to review estimates for the technical solution. For agile software development stimate epic and feature sizes using agile relative sizing techniques.
* Support the delivery of projects with experience in enterprise-level Salesforce project delivery using both waterfall and agile software development methodologies throughout the life cycle with repeated and demonstrated success.
* Responsible for ensuring that the system accurately meets the defined expectations of the business including functional and non-functional requirements.
* Identify technical design risks and develops mitigating approaches. Guide and mentor developers and 3rd party vendors and communicate closely with the rest of the delivery team including keeping stakeholders informed of solution progress and risks.
* Own the technical standards for the development and integration of the Salesforce solution including UI/UX standards.
* Collaborate with Salesforce Technical Leads and team members to ensure Salesforce development teams follow best practices when architecting, programming or documenting solutions. This includes creating standards and documentation and leveraging processes to ensure all development staff follows the same technical standards and guidelines
* Identify options for potential solutions and assess them for both technical and business suitability; determine nature and scope of changes to existing applications for enhancements and other changes
* For agile delivery work with technical team members to split features into users' stories and provide guidance and oversight to delivery team members as they document story detail and acceptance criteria.
* Review and provide feedback on detailed technical design.
* Work with delivery teams to ensure testing and documentation are created or updated in accordance with Abbott SLC standards.
* When applicable, conduct vendor analysis and proof-of-concepts/prototypes for new technologies / solutions.
* Act as knowledge translator between business users and technical team members; communicate effectively with programmers, infrastructure architects and engineers, business analysts, information security practitioners, project managers, and senior management.
* Work with technology stakeholders to create, and maintain technology policies and procedures
* Maintains productive relationships with peers and management in IT and the business functions.
* Generate ideas to improve team efficiency, effectiveness and impact.
* Create an environment that encourages cooperation, open communication, teamwork and knowledge sharing.
* Serve as a role model by demonstrating a commitment to business priorities, high performance and delivery excellence.
* Create vision, clear direction and strategy for teams and stakeholders.
* Attract, motivate, develop and retain highly skilled workforce team members.
* Constantly monitor and improve team efficiency, effectiveness and impact.
Required skills and experience
* > 10 years IT experience working within a large / complex IT organization. Experience supporting multiple business functions / organizations.
* 7+ years of Salesforce implementation experience including experience with Sales Cloud and Service Cloud. Experience with Salesforce configuration, including workflows, validation rules, and security controls.
* Experience defining business requirements, writing user stories, and providing detailed Salesforce system and functional designs. Experience operating in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) Agile environment. Expert level understanding of the Salesforce product suite, including Sales, Service, Marketing Clouds, Heroku as well as the Force.com Platform.
* Expert level experience defining the system architecture landscape, identifying gaps between current and desired end-states, and delivering a comprehensive solution that will enable achievement of the desired business outcomes Experience integrating Salesforce with different business systems (i.e SAP), as well as working with integration tools (ESB and ETL)
* Experience with Lightning, Visual Force, Apex controllers, Triggers, Batch jobs and standard SFDC components.
* Advanced understanding of the Salesforce.com data model and how and when to create custom objects vs. using Salesforce out-of-the-box functionality.
* Preferred, but not a must, Salesforce certification of Platform Developer I and II and/or Platform App Builder, Administrator certification, as well as certification in at least one of following domains: Sales, Service & Marketing Cloud consultant.
* Experience with Release Management, Source Control, and Deployment concepts and technologies such as ANT, SFDC Metadata API, Salesforce DX,Jenkins, Git (Code Commit) and DevOps in a Salesforce environment.
* Proven ability to conduct educational sessions for product teams about new/upcoming Salesforce features.
* Experience managing 3rd party suppliers.
* Experience with working with virtual teams.
* Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated proficiency in tools such as Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project.
* Ability to accomplish results through others, particularly by establishing relationships, effective controls and monitoring processes.
* Proven negotiation and influencing skills.
* Strong collaboration and partnering skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to senior leaders.
* Proven ability to design and optimize processes.
* Demonstrated ability to assess customer/client needs, creatively approach solutions, decide and influence appropriate courses of action.
* Experience of indirect management - managing by influence as opposed to positional authority
* Ability to thrive in a dynamic and changing environment.
* Strong understanding of the all phases of software development life cycle and software development methodologies.
* Proven leadership skills, including the ability to lead meetings and communicate course of action.
JOB FAMILY:IT Services & Solutions Delivery
DIVISION:GIS Global Information Services
LOCATION:United States > Waukegan : J46 Floor-2
TRAVEL:Yes, 10 % of the Time
SIGNIFICANT WORK ACTIVITIES:Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day), Keyboard use (greater or equal to 50% of the workday)
Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Women/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
EEO is the Law link - English: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_English.pdf
EEO is the Law link - Espanol: http://webstorage.abbott.com/common/External/EEO_Spanish.pdf