The Senior Software Product Owner will be a key team member of the Software Product Owner group that will drive the process of transforming requirements into user stories for development teams to deliver in an Agile environment. The candidate will be responsible for following established software engineering processes and methodologies, including Agile and SDLC, to successfully move solutions through the development lifecycle. They will perform activities such as user story writing and grooming, functional specification writing, user demos and user acceptance testing execution with business teams. This position will work closely with Product Managers and Business Process Analysts to ensure that business requirements are accurately captured in the user stories, design, and solutions. The candidate must have excellent leadership, problem-solving and analytical skills and be able to multi-task on projects based on business priorities. This position offers significant growth potential within an innovative and dynamic cancer diagnostics company.
* Write and groom user stories with the development team for inclusion in Agile Sprints
* Manage product backlog to deliver maximum business value and maximize the productivity of the development team overall by aligning with larger strategic objectives
* Attend standups, estimation meetings, retrospectives and other key meetings for the scrum team
* Ensure correct business requirements have been gathered related to digital product offerings and utilize analysis tools such as use cases and process flows to translate into user stories and acceptance criteria
* Facilitate solution discussions with the development team, focusing on iterations to allow for maximum business value and minimal development and testing effort
* Ensure that story content and prioritization is aligned to larger strategic objectives
* Collaborate with team members including Platform Lifecycle Managers, Business analysts, developers, and testers on a daily basis and maintain strong relationships with business and software platform partners
* Attends triages and makes key decisions on product bugs, including adding to the backlog when necessary
* Provide cross-functional business support to identify, prioritize and solve problems/issues efficiently
* Proactively identify opportunities or obstacles concerning data accuracy, data integrity, and relevance
* Participate and contribute to project timeline estimations with key project stakeholders, scrum masters, project managers, and team members
* Collaborate with quality engineering teams to develop integration, system, and user acceptance test plans
* Support business requirements gathering with business stakeholders and subject matter experts where necessary
* Capture functional specifications to document business rules where necessary
* Support product demos and end-user training where necessary
* Support definition and measurement of Key Performance Indicators of software changes where necessary
* Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
* Networks with key contacts outside of own area of expertise.
* May mentor more junior team members.
Essential Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
* Determines appropriate methods and procedures on new assignments
* Ability to work effectively in a team-oriented environment with strong interpersonal/communication skills
* Ability to multi-task, take initiative in solving problems and work effectively with a variety of people and work styles
* Results and deadline driven - must be willing to do whatever is reasonable to meet deadlines
* Solid analytical, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills
* Proactive, self-starter who enjoys project, process and technology work
* Strong leadership skills in a project-based environment
* Quickly develops detailed understanding systems and processes within the covered Software areas
* Delivers well-organized, informative presentations
* Effective written and verbal communication style
* Balances technical and business acumen; able to communicate what is possible and what will have the biggest impact on business
* Builds strong relationships internally and externally; an active listener and clear communicator; seeks win-win outcomes
* Ability to think strategically to provide input to cross-functional initiatives
* Requires a university degree and a minimum of 8 years of related experience.
* Experience in product ownership, software requirements definition, business analysis and/or systems analysis
* Experience working on software or processes within the areas of customer ordering portals, order management, billing and reimbursement, contracts management, integrations, patient reports, or lab informatics
* Experience working within an Agile framework preferred
* Industry experience within biotech, life sciences, or high tech is preferred
* Has wide-ranging experience of using professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
* Expertise in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
The Senior Software Product Owner will be responsible for following established software engineering processes and methodologies, including Agile and SDLC, to successfully move solutions through the development lifecycle.