The Engility Corporation is seeking a Software Interaction Designer for a position for a program in Indian Head, MD supporting the Explosive Ordnance Disposal Technology Division. You would be supporting Department of Defense EOD technicians whom are deployed worldwide and are tasked with neutralizing unexploded ordnance of any kind: conventional, unconventional, improvised, chemical, biological or nuclear. Whether it is by reverse engineering existing ordnance and creating the procedures to make them safe, or spearheading the development of tools and technologies to counter emerging threats, we are focused on exploiting technology and intelligence to develop and deliver tools and equipment, and their life cycle support to the joint service EOD operating forces and other customers. Join us and help make the world a safer place!
The successful candidate will:
* Develop and maintain standards for user interface metaphors, interaction guidelines that promote consistency, uniformity, and a high level of usability across all applications. Create and manage design documentation in support of product functionality and design.
* Translate operational capability requirements into application designs and ensure assigned web sites and content adhere to all pertinent policies and procedures.
* Conceptualize, design, and prototype UI for java based web portals and mobile laptops with touch screen running java based Eclipse RCP applications.
* Work with a development team to design, develop, and maintain the design of a java web application, ensuring that the GUI designs can be implemented.
* Responsible for understanding current design of the web applications and perform task analysis and document concepts using best practices from graphic and information web designs.
* Create new websites, pages, graphics, and web parts using provided guidelines and templates.
* Responsible for web site production, project coordination, layout of websites, keeping websites current, and backing them up.
* Develops dynamic, interactive, and user-engaging computer-based training modules for portal and desktop applications employing user-centered methodology to design applications with cohesive organization, elegant navigation, and effective labeling and search.
* Coordinates closely with software testers and trainers in development of test cases and to ensure training materials are comprehensive and accurate.
* Help update and maintain assigned Intranet sites.
* Responsible for supporting documentation such as design and implementation.
* Work with stakeholders to define JEOD DSS business rules and workflows
* Collect, analyze, and write software requirements using JEOD DSS System Design Specification process
* Work with engineering team to ensure traceability of requirements to change requests to work products to test cases
* Model requirements when needed to ensure clarity of requirement is captured accurately
* Assist in validation of the requirements documented to the software development changes made to the JEOD DSS product line
* Create and maintain the requirements repository using automated tools such as IBM DOORS
* Include use cases that are statements of the software user's goal, such as place an order for merchandise, and the series of individual steps that explain an end user's interaction with the system, such as confirm the order and confirm billing information.
* Facilitate non-functional requirements, such as quality standards and design restraints.
* Create graphic models, mathematical equations or a storyboard to record a system's requirements