Job ID 108327 Date posted 07/03/2019 Apply
Software Engineer Manager 6
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. Intelligence Surveillance & Reconnaissance (ISR) Segment is one of three L3 business segments, and provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
About L3 ISR Segment:
L3�s ISR Systems Segment brings together a broad collection of some 30+ unique L3 divisions across 10 business areas to offer a diverse portfolio of innovative sensor and intelligence technologies across the maritime, land, airborne, space, cyber and warfighter domains. Comprised of 15,000 employees in 5 countries including in 16 states in 40+ locations, we are a global partner of choice delivering innovative capabilities to gather, share and protect intelligence for a more secure world.
L3 ISR Systems is seeking a Software Engineer Manager 6. This person will be responsible for management oversite of the ADE (Agile Development Engineering) Operations function including driving recruiting/staffing, personnel and career management, organizational processes, strategic planning, bidding review, contract performance, and manpower forecasting. Subteams within this function are responsible for:
* maintaining unclassified as well as classified engineering LANs and lab environments including maintaining security posture,
* customization of COTS tools and development of internal tools,
* departmental labor/budget analysis/reporting, bidding, planning/forecasting, and budget allocation, and
* Scrum Masters
Generate and drive visions to resolve and/or optimize current and future functional and cross-functional business requirements and workflows.
Drive consolidated DevOps strategy development and deployment.
You will demonstrate success by:
* Management duties will require tasking and coordination of approximately 50 engineers, and process and resource coordination with functional homeroom management.
* Software requirements and design documentation and support for program reviews.
* The candidate will be responsible for assessing staffing needs, current as well as projected and working with the respective IPT to address those needs.
* He/she will also be responsible for supporting recruitment activities including the creation of requisitions, conducting interviews, and approving offers.
* He/she will work with the program software manager and IPT leads in establishing personal program and functional goals as well as performing performance evaluations and merit adjustments for subordinates.
* The candidate will provide their subordinates with career development recommendations, mentoring, discipline, as necessary.
* He/she will acquire the necessary computers, equipment and tools to enable their subordinates to perform their work.
* He/she will generate training plans based on the program and their subordinates' needs.
* It is expected that the candidate will provide their group with regular flow down of company and organizational status and appropriately represent and be a spokesperson for the Software Engineering organization to their group, assigned project, and the company.
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
Apply SAVE FOR LATER