Unity's XR Graphics Team (which handles all VR, AR, and Mixed reality applications) is seeking software engineers experienced in authoring 3D graphics applications. If you're the kind of graphics hacker who lives for breaking the 60 Hz speed limit with white-knuckle performance and loves the challenges of using different graphics APIs and platforms, we want to talk to you.
The graphics engineers in the XR team live at the union of developing and modifying graphics algorithms for stereo- and augmented-reality rendering across the entire spectrum of modern graphics devices (from Android and iOS phones and standalone AR & VR devices to ultimate multi-GPU HMD rigs) with expertise in multiple OSes and graphics APIs.
* Design, enhance, and support Unity's XR rendering methods for virtual-, mixed-, and augmented-reality applications
* Collaborate with Unity's device and toolkit partners to integrate and support their products in the Unity framework
* Support Unity developers by coordinating with Unity's support, business development, and focused-content teams
* A thorough understanding of 3D graphics concepts: geometry, transformations, shaders, and pipelines
* Experience authoring application low-level graphics APIs, such as OpenGL, Direct3D (11 and/or 12), Vulkan, or Metal
* Solid C++ programming skills including the use of containers, iterators, and templates
* Excellent oral and written communication skills, and the ability to work independently yet be a total team player
* Application development on mobile devices (specifically Android or iOS)
* Experience using Unity3D or Unreal Engine for developing AR applications
* Knowledge of platform-specific graphics and application debuggers and profilers, such as RenderDoc, NVIDIA's nSight, Snapdragon Profiler, ARM's DS5, etc.
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world's most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and - working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft - ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.