Signpost is a rapidly growing startup that helps local businesses succeed by automating as much of their marketing as we can. We're solving a big problem in a huge market and we're backed by some of the smartest investors out there, including Google Ventures and Spark Capital.
Our engineering culture is collaborative and driven and emphasizes relentless improvement of ourselves, our systems, and our organization. If you're looking to join a passionate and slightly quirky team of top-notch engineers - not brogrammers - at a fast-moving company where you can learn, grow, and have real technical ownership, you've come to the right place.
As a Software Engineer, you'll be working on extending, improving and scaling systems and applications built primarily in Node.js and React. While we're definitely not expecting you to be a Node or React expert when you walk in the door, we will expect you to:
* Collaborate with product managers and test engineers to find and fix bugs
* Perform diligent, timely code reviews for your peers, while taking their feedback as an opportunity to learn and improve
* Participate in our interview process to select and attract outstanding talent
* Help engineering leadership to constantly improve
* Exemplify our culture of technical excellence
* Have a degree in a technical field such as engineering, CS, physics, applied math, etc.
* Be all you need is to be proficient in one or more high-level languages like Python, Ruby, Java, or C++ and have a strong command of CS fundamentals - even if you don't use it every day
* Get excited about adding more tools and techniques to your repertoire
* Be able to articulate technical concepts clearly and concisely
* Appreciate agility and pragmatism in software development
* Thrive in a startup environment - where we're making it up as we go
Signpost is a company developing cloud-based marketing software.