Description:The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Program) is looking for world class talent in Software Engineering to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This position is with the Advanced Development Programs Software Systems group in Fort Worth, TX. This position requires an experienced software engineer to lead an agile software development team. The team uses a wide application of modern technical principles, theories, and concepts in the software field to develop, integrate, and test open mission systems software products that can be applied to air and ground based systems.
The candidate will be responsible for all phases of developing maintenance management software for an ISR platform. Candidate responsibilities will span the technology development lifecycle, including requirements generation, system and software design and implementation, integration and flight test, and adjudicating change requests as the software is updated, tested, and integrated. Integration activities will include a multitude of host systems, such as live assets of varying capability and structure, simulated systems, and laboratory environments that include constructive simulations, physical hardware, and system simulations.
The successful candidate will lead a high-performing multi-site, multi-program team and must be self-motivated with a strong work ethic, time-management, and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate must have demonstrated effective communication skills as the position will require frequent inter-organizational and outside customer interactions. The ability to travel on occasion for team interaction and integration and test activities is required.
Demonstrated leadership experience is required. Experience with C/C++ is required. Experience with XML based open standards, modular open mission systems architectures, Common Software Baseline processes, and Agile processes and tools is highly desired. The candidate must have experience with all phases of the Software Engineering Process from requirements generation, through development, integration, and test. In addition, recent work experience with embedded architectures, single board computers, hardware and software in the loop implementation and testing, and F-35 Mission Systems Software is a plus.
The successful candidate will need to pass a security screening before interview.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a Secret security clearance to start.
* Bachelors or Above Degree in Engineering/Technical Discipline
* Experience with C++ languages
* Maintenance Management Software
* Visual Basic
* C# and Java languages
* XML knowledge
* Service Oriented Architecture Knowledge
* Object Oriented Analysis and Design
* Object Oriented Programming
* Agile Software Development
* Linux and Windows Operating Systems
* Message Broker Technology (e.g. Active MQ)
* UML tools (e.g. Rational Rose, Rhapsody)
* Configuration Management Systems (e.g. Git)
* Agile Process Tools (e.g. Version One)
* Software Development Tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Eclipse)
* Atlassian Tools (e.g. Stash, Jira)
* Continuous Integration (e.g. Jenkins, Bamboo)
* Cost Accountability Management Experience
* Requirements generation and system interface development
* System test and Integration experience
* UCI Knowledge
* Modular Open Mission Systems Development
* Mission Systems and Battle Management Knowledge
* Experience with leading teams and coordinating tasks across teams
* Active Top Secret Clearance
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.