Maxwell's mission is to make better health and financial security possible for all Americans by simplifying benefits and insurance. Maxwell Health is a marketplace that empowers consultants and employers to offer the best benefits to employees, helping them achieve better health and financial security. Maxwell's technology platform automates HR and benefits administration, providing a user-friendly experience for employees to understand, shop for, and use their benefits.
We're looking for a Engineering Manager that can provide leadership, mentoring, skills development, and motivation to a highly talented team of software engineers working in an agile environment. As an Engineering Manager you will:
* Manage and lead software engineers working on various parts of the Maxwell platform across multiple domains areas and technologies.
* Assess and develop engineering talent. Assess performance and define performance criteria and standards. Build talent by encouraging and supporting individual professional development plans.
* Build the team through talent acquisition and developing best practices for hiring and onboarding of software engineers.
* Ensure software quality though the application of best practices for software testing (test driven development, test first development, unit testing, quality assurance, automation, etc.)
* Drive a disciplined approach to software development adopting agile best practices.
* Increase predictability through the use of appropriate planning and risk mitigation techniques (feature analysis, technical spikes, software architecture guidance, etc.)
* Drive predictable delivery of the strategic product roadmap by working with product managers and the VP of product development.
* Provide architecture and technology strategy guidance in conjunction with subject matter experts and engineering management peers.
* Build operational excellence into everything we do. Logging, alerts, metrics, processes, measuring success, continuous integration/delivery, etc.
Our Tech Stack
* 8 years software development experience with at least 2 of those years in a management and/or team lead position.
* Experience with distributed systems such as a microservices or service oriented architecture.
* Ability to contribute to application development.
* Ability to provide guidance and mentoring across the full technology stack (front to back).
* Experience with and appreciation for developing web based business applications with complex data structures and workflows.
* Strong communication skills and great product sense.
* BS/MS in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline.
Sun Life Financial (U.S.) Services Company, Inc. is a federal contractor subject to Executive Order 11246, Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Veterans' Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended, and Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended. As such the company is committed to taking positive steps to implement the employment-related aspects of the company's equal employment opportunity policy. It is the company's policy to take affirmative action to employ, advance in employment, and otherwise treat qualified minorities, females, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities without regard to their race/ethnicity, sex, veteran status, or disability.
Pursuant to 41 CFR §§ 60-300.44(f)(1)(ii) and 741.44(f)(1)(ii), we hereby notify you of our company policy related to our affirmative action efforts and request appropriate action on your part.
IT - Application Development
Posting End Date:
About Maxwell Health
Maxwell Health is a technology company that develops a platform for HR and benefits management.