The CNBC Digital Technology team is seeking an iOS software engineer to develop CNBC's flagship iOS app (https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cnbc-business-news-finance/id398018310?mt=8). The role requires hands-on software development skills, deep technical expertise across the entire software delivery process, from content generation to delivery
Here's how to tell if you're who we're looking for:
* You consider yourself to be top talent.
* You have a strong passion for new technologies and driving innovation.
* You get excited about collaborating with team members to produce results.
* You deliver high quality, production ready code.
* You're not the person who waits for others to come up with solutions. You are the solution.
* You're interested in expanding your skillset and never stop learning!
Your Day to Day Includes:
* Using your knowledge of iOS development to build new features into our flagship CNBC App
* Working closely with your peers in Product Development and Design to participate in current and future product iterations
* Creating and maintaining technical documentation
* Participating in meaningful and thorough code reviews
* Taking every opportunity make an impact on the design, architecture and implementation of our product
* Helping to ensure the performance, quality and responsiveness of the application
* Collaborating with the team to ship new features quickly
* Helping to improve code quality, unit test scripts and code coverage
* BS degree or higher in computer science with 4+ years of broad engineering experience
* Experience in developing, deploying and supporting complex iOS applications
* Solid knowledge of Swift and Objective-C
* Experience with code coverage and unit testing tools like Quick, Nimble, OCMock etc.
* Solid knowledge of XCode/AppCode IDE, build and distribution processes
* Demonstrable knowledge of dependency managers such as Cocoapods
* Experience integrating with APNS
* Experience working with analytics tools like Omniture, Comscore, Parse.ly etc.
* Solid knowledge of Restful services
* Demonstrable knowledge of building responsive user experiences across phones and tablets
* Experience in performance, scalability, security, architecture, and engineering best practices
* Willingness to stay up-to-date with the latest in emerging technologies/trends on mobile platforms
* Experience integrating with third-party libraries such as video and display advertising
* Experience implementing in-app purchase would be nice to have
* Experience implementing personalization solutions would be nice to have
* Must be able to work onsite at CNBC headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, NJ. A van service is available for employees commuting from New York City and New Jersey (Jersey city and others).
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Strong Communication skills (verbal and written) with an ability to work in a highly collaborative, multi-country/time zone environment
* Good organizational skills with the ability to track and prioritize numerous tasks
* Proactive personality with a proven track record of following through, exhibiting ownership, and delivering on responsibilities
* Highly adaptive and capable of being an individual contributor and working as part of an extended team.
* Competitive Salary
* Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, PTO
* Fitness & Health Programs
* Universal Park Tickets and Discounts
* Company Wide Discounts
* Active investment in skill-building and growth
* Volunteer Opportunities and many more!