Since our founding in 2009, we've relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world's most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we've helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you're compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today-our Phamily always has room for one more!
Phunware is seeking iOS software engineers with experience developing mobile software technology and solutions. The iOS software engineer's primary responsibility is to partner with our talented creative team and build the best mobile applications in the world, for top customer brands.
The ideal candidate is proactive, responsive, and demonstrates excellent verbal/written communication skills. He or she is well experienced in iOS development and has a strong track record of deploying successful, high quality apps into the iTunes App Store.
A Week In Your Shoes:
* Code iOS apps, from scratch, with minimal supervision. If we ask you to do it… you can do it! Quickly, well-structured & with top quality.
* Define server API requirements, hit RESTful web services and process the resulting JSON or XML
* Create prototypes that demonstrate value and functionality of emerging technologies
* Work with Product Management to take detailed story-driven requirements and implement them using modern design and coding best practices.
* Work in an organized team oriented environment with shared responsibilities.
What We Look For:
* Must be living in the above location(s), or be able to immediately relocate
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
* 5+ years of professional software development
* 3+ years professional native iOS development experience using Xcode and Swift
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
* Outstanding skills at interacting with people, both within the organization (from developers to senior management) and with customers/partners
* Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills
* 2-5 years of experience as technical lead and mentor to junior developers
* Experience doing Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI) and test automation.
* Experience with agile development processes
Compensation and Benefits:
* Fun, casual, fast-paced work environment filled with talented colleagues
* Flexible paid time off
* Competitive salary
* Full range of benefits, including 401(k), medical, dental and vision coverage
Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
Phunware: Everything You Need to Succeed on Mobile
Phunware Inc., together with its subsidiaries, is the pioneer of Multiscreen-as-a-Service (MaaS), a fully integrated enterprise cloud platform for mobile that provides companies the products, solutions, data and services necessary to engage, manage, and monetize their mobile application portfolios and audiences globally at scale. The company offers cloud-based mobile Software Development Kits (SDKs), which include location-based services, mobile engagement, content management, messaging, advertising, loyalty and rewards (PhunCoin) and analytics, and a mobile application framework of pre-integrated iOS and Android software modules for building in-house or channel-based mobile application solutions. It also provides cloud-based vertical solutions of pre-integrated iOS and Android mobile application portfolios for healthcare, retail, media, real estate, hospitality, sports, aviation and other sectors, and knowledge graph and data solutions that allow real-time mobile audience targeting, reach, engagement and monetization for 1:1 insights and interactions. Phunware helps the world's most respected brands create category-defining mobile experiences, with more than one billion active devices touching its platform each month. The company was founded in 2009 and is headquartered in Austin, Texas. For more information about how Phunware is transforming the way consumers and brands interact with mobile in the virtual and physical worlds, visit https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phunware.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNHMFthuCFH2qu-vAMGpbB6toupq4Q" rel="noopener">www.phunware.com, https://www.google.com/url?q=http://www.phuncoin.com/&source=gmail&ust=1547941246816000&usg=AFQjCNGSdMsu5-jVcYCZfuaOsA0BREPgrQ" rel="noopener">www.phuncoin.com and follow @phunware on all social media platforms.