Do you like autonomy and owning a problem from proof-of-concept, to design/architecture, code delivery, and deployment? Do you also like to work independently but appreciate collaborating with other talented engineers on complex problems?
Adaptly is looking for a Software Engineer in Test (SET) who are: strong enough programmers to write feature code, strong enough testers to test just about anything, and able to manage their own work and tools. Good SETs see both the forest and the trees-they can look at a small function prototype or API and imagine all the ways the underlying code can be used and how it can be broken.
Adaptly SETs are hybrid Automation Engineers and Software Developers. SETs will determine and develop both traditional end-to-end Selenium tests and unit/integration tests along with the required test framework (i.e. mocks, stubs, test data, etc). A deep understanding of the product and its code base will be required in order to accomplish these tasks.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Collaborate with the Director of QA on the overall test development strategy and break down the tasks into manageable and achievable deliverables.
* Enhance and maintain a robust & scalable test automation framework on a cloud test infrastructure within a CI framework.
* Develop unit and integration tests for both the front-end and back-end application code base.
* Develop robust end-to-end based test scripts that simulate the user.
* Jointly work with the software engineering team in order to understand the product software, be alerted of breaking changes to the test automation framework, and communicate detailed feedback to development.
* Document all relevant and pertinent knowledge (Knowledge Management)
* Adhere to the QA & Engineering workflows and processes.
* Experience with designing and developing test automation frameworks on cloud infrastructure that were robust and scaled easily.
* Experience with SaaS application development is a major plus.
* Ability to distinguish between feature development and test development mindsets.
* Experience with developing & executing fast and non-flaky test scripts that are easily reusable and maintainable.
* Ability to develop unit, integration, and end-to-end tests
* Experience with automation frameworks such as Watir, Cucumber, Selenium WebDriver, etc.
* Experience with cloud infrastructure providers (IaaS/PaaS) such as Amazon Web Services (AWS).
* Familiar with Redis, Postgres, and REST Web Services.
* Knowledge of Jenkins, Load/Performance Tools, and API testing tools a plus.
* Motivated and driven to continuously improve and learn by trying new test automation tools, processes, or methodologies.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
We offer a casual, team-oriented work environment, a comprehensive compensation package with short and long term performance incentives, multiple benefit plans, the opportunity to participate in the firm's many activities, and the chance to continuously grow and adapt in your career path.
Adaptly empowers digital media buyers to maximize marketing experiences across Facebook, Twitter, and other emerging platforms.