Browse the Aisles- A quick overview of the Senior Software Engineer at Peapod Digital Labs
We are seeking a Senior Front-End Web developer to work at our Quincy Massachusetts location. If you have mobile experience, even better.
At PDL, Software Engineers will work with scrum teams to deliver best-in-class software solutions on time and in scope for our continued eCommerce efforts. Working with industry veterans and technical leaders, you'll help refine existing applications, build new products for customers to gain a better grocery experience, and be part of teams solving complex supply chain, retail, and eCommerce problems.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you'll work with product managers and business stakeholders to communicate technical requirements and define the direction and velocity of our Software Development Life Cycle. You'll work to create successful paths for junior developers to complete tasks and build experience as well as mentor mid-level developers in technical leadership and their ability to work with junior talent. You'll be a resource for any stakeholder interested in learning more about your product and a valuable asset to senior leadership to explain your domain and success as it relates to the overall goals of Peapod Digital Labs.
What's our Dish - About Us
Announced in May 2018, Peapod Digital Labs is an Ahold Delhaize USA company that will serve as the engine that powers U.S. ecommerce and digital strategies. Peapod Digital Labs will accelerate growth in digital and personalization capabilities for the great local brands of Ahold Delhaize USA and will serve as the innovation lab for the U.S. portfolio of companies, driving digital and eCommerce innovation, technology and experience to meet the changing needs of customers of Ahold Delhaize USA's local brands, regardless of when, where and how consumers choose to shop. Peapod continues to be a consumer-facing eCommerce brand, and is part of Peapod Digital Labs, focused on growing Peapod sales to consumers.
Recipe for Success - What's "in store" for the role
* Participate in sprint planning and design alongside Scrum Team (including level of effort estimates)
* Work with product managers and SMEs to understand the retail industry and customer needs
* Code, develop unit tests, and ensure implementation of software into production goes smoothly alongside business stakeholders, QA, and other developers
* Research and engage in emerging technologies
* Do what it takes to deliver quality code to advance business goals- using your best judgement to find success
* Participate in level 2 support rotation, as needed
The Essentials In Your Cart - The required ingredients
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
* 5+ years of software development experience
* Proven experience mentoring junior talent
* Solid experience with ECMAScript 6+
* Solid experience with TDD and unit testing frameworks, such as Jest and Mocha
* Solid experience with asynchronous programming
* Solid experience consuming RESTful web services
* Proven history of developing and maintaining high quality software products
* Ability to manage own work time and priorities in accordance with aggressive timelines and budgets
* Experience working in an Agile software development methodology
Extra Spices - Nice To Have/Additional Skills
* Experience with a modern Front-End Framework, Vue is highly desired
* Responsive Web Design
* IOS or Android development
* OAUTH 2.0
* Google Analytics
Join Us at Our Table - PDL Life
Peapod Digital Labs is forward thinking company with a strong heritage and recognizes who powers our progress - our people! We offer a great variety of benefits and perks to our employees that includes great choice of health care options, including PPO and HSA plans (with company contributions), dental, vision flexible spending accounts, a 401k with strong company match and immediate vesting, generous and flexible paid time off, easy access to the MBTA Redline, onsite fitness room and great employee discount on your groceries.
You must be authorized to work in the United States to be eligible for consideration for employment. Peapod is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.