Come join the team that is building up AI capabilities in PowerBI platform to help business users make better business decisions. The technology built by this team unlocks insights from large quantities of data, then moves from insights into the most optimal actions. This flow quite literally translates into money earned and/or saved for the customer (typically a business or enterprise).
Quite simply, this is the best and most direct benefit AI can deliver to a business.
See for yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3Vxys_jsqY>.
We are looking for a software engineer with a passion for data, analytics, AI, coding and problem solving to come join this growing team with opportunities to work across the breadth and depth of Power BI.
As a Software Engineer in the Power BI team, you will have an opportunity to learn and contribute to cloud solutions for data transformation and enrichment as well as AI components and visualizations.
* 5+ years of industry software development experience (.Net preferred)
* 2+ SaaS development experience
* Experience in ETL, analytics and/or machine learning
* Experience in Angular and Type-script
* Good problem solving, design, coding and debugging skills
* Proficiency in data structures and algorithm
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Self-driven, pro-active
* Ability to collaborate with team members and develop innovative solutions
* BS or higher in computer science or equivalent field
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
* Collaborate with internal partner teams in Microsoft to integrate their technological assets
* Design, write and deliver software to improve the availability, reliability, scalability, latency, security, resiliency and efficiency of a service/product
* Contribute in debugging and troubleshooting the complete stack of a service/product
* Drive analysis of an outage and write software and build automation to resolve problems permanently
* Engage in service capacity planning and demand forecasting, software performance analysis and system tuning
* Participate actively in code reviews, bug/issue triage with the feature teams, and support well informed decisions towards business and engineering goals
* Review and influence ongoing design, architecture, standards and methods for operating services and systems
* Assess design and code changes to drive improvements
* Help and support customers to successfully use our product/service
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.