The IT Shared Services Department at the University of North Texas System is seeking to hire a Software Engineer II to join our team. As a Software Engineer II, you will act as an individual contributor within a team to develop, improve and maintain SaaS products and solutions for the UNT System and its campuses. You will have a proven ability for problem solving, a demonstrated knowledge of reading and writing code, and a strong desire to learn new technologies. You will build highly complex software in accordance with product features and requirements, and grow professionally, working in a collaborative environment with fellow engineers, product owners and UX design staff to build solutions that solve customer problems. You will provide training and/or guidance for other team members, using your knowledge and experience to share your opinions and ideas with the team.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Evaluate, test and determine technical solutions that solve problems, including the documentation necessary to implement them
* Meet with product customers (students, student support staff and leadership) in order to analyze needs and suggest solutions, with minimal supervision and review
* Work within an Agile team to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
* Ensure new software meets quality standards utilizing Test Driven Development (TDD), writing unit and automated tests
* Gather requirements and suggest solutions; serve as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions
* Plan for and develop software that provides for the availability, resilience, and scalability of supported solutions
* Stay on top of technology trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
* Collaborate with product development team to plan new features. Work cross functionally to resolve complex customer problems
* Responsible for managing and maintaining project and work backlog; able to re-prioritize tasks as the business deems appropriate
* Leverage multiple skillsets and work on multiple areas of product development including databases, API's, backend, UI, and analytics
* Provide production level support including on-call rotations
* Other duties as assigned
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.