Role Summary:GE Digital is looking for an experienced Software Engineer to work on a number of exciting projects that will have a very positive impact on GE's business.
You will be responsible for programming a feature and or a small feature set. You will contribute to the team and works with direction from the Senior Team Members or management but works independently.
In this role, you will:
* Act as a member of the Software Center of Excellence, representing the face of high quality design and development practices
* Develop high performing, scaling and innovative end-to-end web applications
* Collaborate with system engineers, frontend developers and software developers to implement solutions that are aligned with and extend shared platforms and solutions
* Apply principles of SDLC and methodologies like Lean/Agile/XP, CI, Software and Product Security, Scalability, Documentation Practices, refactoring and Testing Techniques
* Writes codes that meets standards and delivers desired functionality using the technology selected for the project
* Build features such as web services and Queries on existing tables
* Understand performance parameters and assess application performance
* Work on core data structures and algorithms and implement them using language of choice
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math).
* A minimum 2 years of professional experience.
* Experience developing web applications (Spring, RESTful, Jersey, RestEasy,JAX-WS, Web Services)
* Experience with database tools (JPA, Hibernate,JDBC, Spring Data)
* Experience with rules engines (Camel, Drools, JRules) & modern tooling (Gradle, Maven, Git, SVN)
* Have a solid understanding of the underlying infrastructure needed to run a large distributed web application
* Has the ability to break down problems and estimate time for development tasks
* Has the ability to make basic technology choices based on experience
* Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry
* Has the ability to take ownership of small tasks and deliver without supervision while using their discretion to seek help when necessary
* Voices opinions and presents clear rationale. Uses data or factual evidence to influence
* Recognizes collaborative behavior and participates in collaborative activities
* Learns organization vision statement and decision making framework. Able to understand how team and personal goals/objectives contribute to the organization vision
* Demonstrate the ability to help team members
* Seeks to understand problems thoroughly before implementing solutions. Asks questions to clarify requirements when ambiguities are present
* Identifies opportunities for innovation and offers new ideas. Takes the initiative to experiment with new
* Adapts to new environments and changing requirements. Pivots quickly as needed. When coached, responds to need & seeks info from other sources
About Us:GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE's mission and deliver for our customers. www.ge.com
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).Additional Locations:United States;California;San Ramon;
About General Electric
General Electric is a multinational conglomerate corporation offering infrastructure and financial services.