The Boring Company
The Boring Company was founded to solve the problem of soul-destroying traffic by creating an underground network of tunnels. Today, we are creating the technology to increase tunneling speed and decrease costs by a factor of 10 or more with the ultimate goal of making Hyperloop adoption viable and enabling rapid transit across densely populated regions.
* Design and implement software for the next generation of tunnel boring operations.
* Implement software tools to assist operations and production.
* Build high-performance data visualization, processing and analysis tools that drive engineering.
* Develop and deploy safety critical embedded software and firmware for large machinery and autonomous vehicles.
* Simulate future tunnel boring machines and dramatic improvements in mining speed.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent field.
* 2+ years industry experience in practical software development projects, with strong C/C++ coding skills.
Preferred Skills and Experience
* Ability to quickly adapt to new projects and learn new languages, technologies and concepts under tight time constraints.
* Extensive experience developing large software applications in C, C++ or Go with high performance requirements.
* Extensive experience with Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, JS and at least one of jQuery, React, Angular, Vue or similar.
* Deep understanding of how to develop Web APIs including concepts such as REST.
* Deep understanding of networking.
* Experience writing code for safety critical real-time systems. Experience working with an RTOS is a plus.
* Experience working with embedded and automotive technologies such as CAN.
* Excellent problem solving and analytical thinking skills.
* Ability to work long hours and weekends as necessary.
The Boring Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with The Boring Company is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
About The Boring Company
The Boring Company is an infrastructure and tunneling company.