Riot Games was founded in 2006 by Brandon Beck and Marc Merrill with the intent to change the way video games are made and supported for players. In 2009, Riot released its debut title League of Legends to worldwide acclaim. The game has since gone on to become the most played PC game in the world and a key driver of the explosive growth of esports. Players are the foundation of our community and it's for them we continue to evolve and improve the League of Legends experience. Riot Games is headquartered in Los Angeles, CA and has 23 offices worldwide.
Riot engineers bring deep knowledge of specific technical areas but also value the opportunity to work in a variety of broader domains. As a Software Engineer, you'll also dive into projects that focus on team cohesiveness and cross-team objectives. That's where you come in.
On the Esports Digital Team you will be developing awesome new products that increase fan engagement on a global scale. We are looking for a product focused engineer who can work across our platform including backend services and player-facing experiences. Recently we've released our Watch Rewards product that allows players to earn unique in-game League content through watching our World Championship matches. You can help us build the next extraordinary experiences for our pros, players, and fans.
* The primary responsibility for this position is as an individual contributor software engineer, writing code and authoring architectural design documents.
* You should have demonstrated abilities to complete full projects of a scope/complexity larger than a single individual end-to-end feature, inclusive of breaking down the project and working across multiple folks and potentially multiple disciplines.
* 7+ years of engineering experience
* Demonstrated leadership and mentorship on engineering teams
* Strong communication and collaboration skills
* Shipped and supported a live product
* Understands the difficulties and trade-offs when building large scale systems. Has worked on a high volume system (tens of thousands per second).
* Experience with AWS (or comparable cloud environments)
* Experience with GraphQL is a plus
* Proficient with Scrum/Agile development methodologies
It's our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and members of Riot Games, Inc. Riot Games makes reasonable accommodations for handicapped and disabled Rioters and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, handicap, veteran status, marital status, criminal history, or any other category protected by applicable federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history (LAMC 189.00).
About Riot Games
Riot Games is a global company that develops online games.