Do you get bored or antsy if you aren't challenged on a daily basis? Do you enjoy solving problems and taking ownership while making a difference? Do you love finding groundbreaking solutions that no one has ever thought of before?
TrellisWare Technologies is looking for a full-time Software Engineer Embedded Linux in San Diego.
We have technologies that stretch limits and employees that push boundaries. We provide communication solutions and innovations when nothing else works. Our top talents enjoy a 'work hard, play hard' environment and are solvers.
Spend your days working on next generation self-networking hand-held radios for our Special Forces or help create new modem technologies for the toughest communication problems in areas such as HF, Free Space Optics, and interference mitigation. A typical day might start with you working in your personal office designing and implementing embedded Linux applications, drivers, or servers. It could move into one of our many state-of-the-art labs with your team-mates to bring up your design on physical hardware. Reward yourself every day by enjoying our three fully-stocked breakrooms with endless goodies, company-paid gym memberships and more For a full list of benefits, please visit us at TrellisWare.com/about/careers/benefits/
This job might be for you if:
* You can think on your feet. You are analytical, pay attention to detail and are able to communicate your thought process both written and verbally
* You are able to and ENJOY working independently as well as in a team environment
* You have a minimum two years of experience integrating with embedded Linux and four years of embedded software development experience
You are knowledgeable of:
* Linux subsystems
* Integrating with open-source applications
* Proficiency with C++ and Python is required
* Distributed revision control systems and common embedded Linux development tools (i.e. compilers, linkers and debuggers)
It would be extra awesome if you had:
* An understanding of C
* Two years of experience with Yocto Project
* Experience with Apache Ant, Boost Build or other large scale build systems
* Experience with common lab test equipment (i.e. oscilloscope, logic analyzer)
* Experience with Object-oriented design, data link layer and device drivers as well as ARM based processors
Your essential duties and responsibilities will be:
* Design, implement, and integrate software for an embedded Linux target (applications, servers, and drivers)
* Perform feasibility studies, and performance analysis of embedded Linux components
* Interface with common Linux services and protocols
* Configure Linux board support packages
* Document and present design alternatives using standard professional practices and corporate defined engineering processes
* Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear
* Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc
* Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Additional Requirements:
* U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required
* Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.