Are you excited to help Tableau "See and Understand Data"? We are looking for Data Engineers to help develop and build pipelines, architecture, frameworks, catalogs, and more. We are looking for Data Engineers with a strong focus on scalability and quality, who want to build the future of data analytics at Tableau, and love to work on a diverse set of challenges, teams, and individuals. We have a variety of customers including; development, product/project management, operations, leadership and more. We are a very collaborative team, who iterate quickly and openly to solve many different data and visualization problems, advocating for adoption, data transparency, and data driven decision making.
If you are excited about data engineering at Tableau, join us!
Here are some of the responsibilities you will have...
* Build and support data pipelines.
* Move on-premise warehouses and data services to online.
* Help build and drive road maps to improve pipelines and analytics.
* Develop using Python, automation, tests, transformations and monitoring for new and existing data.
* Help design and create a data catalogue/library to bring data to individual data consumers effectively.
* Architect and drive design for new systems, services, and pipelines.
* Help mentor, educate, train different team members with different skill sets and experiences.
* And help us build a better data community here at Tableau!
An ideal candidate will have the following skills...
* Background in Science or Computer Science.
* Experience working with large data sets, transforming data sets to share understandings with others.
* Experience with SQL and general understanding of relational databases.
* Programming Experience (Python preferred)
* Experience with modern development practices, using source control, writing tests in weekly or bi-weekly sprints.
* Adaptive, able to solve different problems from different domains as well as learn new domain details quickly.
* Able to work with a diverse group of team members, from development to sales, each with their own level of data experience.
* Love for data analytics, data science, and data engineering.
* Familiarity with Tableau products is a huge bonus!
* You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Tableau Software is a company on a mission. We help people see and understand their data. After a highly successful IPO in 2013, Tableau has become a market-defining company in the business intelligence industry. Our culture is casual and high-energy. We are passionate about our product and our mission and we are loyal to each other and our company. We value work/life balance, efficiency, simplicity, freakishly friendly customer service, and making a difference in the world!