Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
As a software engineer in our sustaining team you will be responsible for the most important part of our code, ensuring customer applications run perfectly. This role is for the engineer that is open to working with customer engineers, or even customers, triaging and fixing installed code. As we integrate our systems into ever more complex Enterprise solutions, inevitably issues arise. This team is prefect for engineers that love the challenge of isolating and fixing issues within large distributed systems. It's the ideal role for engineers looking to get up to speed on our products quickly and be the go-to person when issues come up in the field.
Our sustaining group is split up into 2 teams that either focus on the backend/connectivity/data ingestion or Front-End application/API/Messaging sub systems.
For this role we are looking specifically for C++/backend experience.
As a company, Splunk has experienced unprecedented growth over the last 4 years to become the industry leader in our segment and we continue grow as we expand into new markets as we approach $5B in sales.
We strive to challenge our staff with industry leading technology but take great lengths to ensure we maintain work life balance. For example, 5 months paternity leave for both parents is just one of our standard benefits at Splunk.
Please join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make big data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers.
* Troubleshoot, debug and implement fixes in C++ in our server components which can include AWS etc
* Work one on one with customers, or customer engineers until issues are resolved
* Deep dive into data acquisition, transformation, transfer, persistence and retrieval logic reported issues and deliver timely solutions
* Involved in design and code reviews of production code, leveraging your customer experience to reduce outages and downtime
* Provide input on how to enhance production code maintainability by suggesting product enhancements to self-diagnostics, error reporting and system monitoring
* Design tools and engineering aids to help support engineers rapidly diagnose problems
* Implement minor improvements requested by customers from requirements capturing
* 2+ years troubleshooting multi-threaded server applications written in C/C++ on Linux or Windows platforms
* You love debugging and troubleshooting and have experience with a variety of debug/troubleshooting apps and tools
* Experience with REST, network communication and protocols e.g. TCP/IP, HTTP
* Previous experience, or open to, working one on one with customers
By working within this team you will be exposed to the following:
* C++, Linux, Windows, AWS, Django, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, Azure, GDB, WinDBG
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying. For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.