The Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas believes in the diversity of our people, ideas and experiences, and we are committed to building an inclusive culture that is representative of the communities we serve.
As part of the nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas is committed to strengthening the economy and our communities. At the Fed, you have the opportunity to become part of an important public service institution whose work touches lives across the globe. It's a big job and that's why we need talented, results-driven professionals who care about making a difference.
Designs and develops distributed applications with moderate to high complexity that also have moderate to significant business criticality. Provides full software development lifecycle support. Responsible for design, secure coding, and for enforcing application security and standards and compliance processes. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects. Has in-depth domain knowledge of the relevant business area/s. Key responsibilities include requirement analysis, design, code, test, debug, document, implement and maintain software applications.
Specific job responsibilities and skills are listed below:
* Knowledge and Skills - Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Adept in communicating complex business and technical concepts with the development team and management. Uses industry and System frameworks and standards to build solutions for complex technical problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
* Requirements - Able to see effects of current design with future requirements and possible impact both within and outside the application.
* Design - Exceptional knowledgeable of interfaces, APIs, and networks. Provides leadership establishing various security solutions. Investigates and evaluates architecture design options. Detailed understanding of logical and physical data structures, good understanding of subsystems including the work flows. Able to lead design reviews.
* Development - Exceptionally skilled. Develops solutions solving highly complex problems. Refactors regularly as a standard coding practice. Able to provide coaching to others. Design/builds/tailor/implement various tools, e.g. continuous integration, testing, IDE automation, deployment, or other process automation tools. Able to lead code reviews.
* Testing - Sets the standards for test design. Provides guidance to others for improving tests and/or suggests improvements and refactoring. Designs and writes tests to simulate challenging conditions. Detailed understanding of how to effectively test code written against third party software. Implements performance tests as required
* Project Management - Assists with establishing the work breakdown. Excellent estimating capabilities. Drives self and others to meet project dates. Continually provides input for improvement in estimation and planning process.
* Standards and Best Practices - Design, update, and implement frameworks and best practices for the project. Uses industry and System frameworks and standards to build solutions for complex technical problems.
* Leadership - May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
* Problem Solving - Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions.
* Impact - Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies.
* Interpersonal Skills - Clearly communicates problems, solutions and tradeoffs to technical and non-technical audiences. Actively listens to different points of view, and collaborates well with others.
PREFERRED TECHNICAL EXPERIENCE:
Advanced understanding of Java/Java EE, Java EE frameworks, and Java EE application servers
Cloud (AWS, etc.)
Business intelligence (design and development)
Oracle, as well as a knowledge of back-end PL/SQL scripts
RESTful Web services (i.e.: Spring REST).
JMS, WebSphere MQ, and similar technologies.
JPA, and similar persistence frameworks
Software Configuration Management (i.e. GIT, Subversion)
Agile software development methodologies
Test Driven Development Practices and frameworks (i.e. JUnit, Cactus, TestNG, Selenium, etc.) Prior production support for high throughput distributed applications
Bachelor's degree is preferred. Equivalent education and/or experience may be substituted. Certifications in Java, AWS, Business Intelligence, Oracle, etc.
WORK HOURS AND CONDITIONS:
Overtime as required by project schedules or management.
Ability to provide after-hours support on a rotational basis.
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday.
* By federal law, this position requires that candidates fall within one of the following citizenship categories: (1) U.S. citizen, (2) U.S. national, (3) U.S. permanent residents who are not yet eligible to apply for naturalization, or (4) U.S. permanent residents who have applied for naturalization within six months of being eligible to do so.
* This position may be filled at various levels based on candidate's experience and departmental needs.
* Employment is contingent upon the selected candidate passing a background check and financial credit check.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer