Requisition ID: 44875
All Locations: El Segundo, CA (California)
A trusted partner. A national resource. A leader in national security space. We are THE Aerospace Corporation. A team that takes pride in our readiness to solve some of the most complex technical challenges in existence. With challenges spanning government to commercial, you'll have the unique opportunity to work on projects that are literally evolving our nation's space and launch capabilities. We all share a common passion and aspiration - to serve a mission much bigger than ourselves. When you join our team, you'll be part of a rare collection of thought leaders and game-changing innovators. Are you ready to launch your career?
The Aerospace Corporation is seeking a Software Engineer in our Software System Quality and Analysis Department. This department provides software and system engineering expertise for DOD, civil and commercial customers, which contributes to 100% mission success.
* Perform software development, test development, test automation, complex analysis, continuous integration, continuous deployment of software to support distinct product hardware.
* Design, implement and customize modern software release infrastructure to meet different project requirements
* Perform qualitative and quantitative research related to the acquisition of software-intensive systems
* Perform studies that utilize qualitative analysis to software quality problems, represent processes, and analyze them for improvement
* Assess software qualities including functional suitability, reliability, operability, performance efficiency, security, compatibility, maintainability, and transferability
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Physical Sciences, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Systems, Technology or other technical area of study
* 8 or more years of professional experience as a software engineer
* Experience with version control systems such as Git, SVN, and/or Perforce
* Experience with administering Linux based operating systems, Window administration experience is a plus
* Test development, test automation and QA experience
* Skills with multiple of: C/C++, Java, Python, SQL, Java Script or equivalent languages
* Strong written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
* Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance, which is issued by the US government. US Citizenship is required to obtain a clearance.
* Master's or advanced degree in computer science or another related field
* Experience with Agile development (Jira/Confluence/Scrum)
* Cloud experience preferably creating and managing DevOps environments in pubic Cloud such as AWS
* Knowledge of statistical software and of statistical techniques in software process management
* Understanding of real-time, embedded, and FPGA development
* Experience as a Software Release Engineer
* Experience with containers, especially Docker
* Current Secret Clearance
Transcripts are required for this position.