Since our founding in 2009, we've relentlessly worked toward a vision of a future powered by Phunware. We spend our days obsessing over how best to design, build, launch, promote and support branded apps that engage, compel and delight the world's most discerning audiences. For almost a decade, we've helped Fortune 5000 businesses throughout the mobile app lifecycle with data-backed decisions at every step. Today, we take that even further with a self-serve media network to grow, retain and monetize audiences and PhunCoin, a new cryptocurrency token designed to change the way you're compensated for the data you share. By bringing power back to the end user, we ensure that the Phunware ecosystem remains future-proofed, constantly self-enriching and - above all - a new kind of tech giant built by people, for people.
If you share our passion for innovative mobile app experiences and dream of a world empowered by seamless, one-to-one interactions, we want to hear from you. Get in touch with us today-our Phamily always has room for one more!
At Phunware, we focus on delivering category-defining mobile experiences and measure everything we do against that goal. We're looking for exceptional, like-minded engineers who want to help us in that mission.
This position is Senior-level Temp/Contract-to-hire.
In this role, you'll join our roster of top talent and work collaboratively to create the greatest end-user experiences. You will put your Android development skills to the test by planning, designing, and writing high-quality code alongside our passionate team of developers.
We're proud to work with the world's largest brands, delivering high profile applications for major players in spaces such as Media & Entertainment. We work on cutting-edge technologies through partnerships with Google/Amazon and solve problems that will challenge even the most seasoned Android developers.
Candidates for this position must be authorized to work in the United States and not require work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future.
* Build large scale mobile apps for Android
* Work in an organized team environment spanning across multiple departments
* Implement story-driven requirements
* Participate in Code Review process
* Participate in Sprint meetings
* Must be local to Austin, TX, San Diego, CA, or Newport Beach, CA
* Bachelor's Degree or higher in Computer Science or Computer Engineering or related field or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of professional native Android development
* Experience working with backend APIs
* Programming expertise with Java
* Programming experience with Kotlin
* Excellent troubleshooting and analytical skills
* Strong technical leadership and guidance skills
* Responsible, organized and hard working with excellent communication skills
* Familiar with agile development processes
* Experience shipping apps to both the Google Play Store and Amazon Appstore
* Experience as a Technical Lead
* Experience mentoring junior developers
* Experience writing unit tests or other forms of automated testing
* Familiar with Continuous Integration tools, such as Jenkins