For the past 10 years, Meraki has had a singular focus on making IT simple yet powerful. However, a key part of an IT team's toolbox is making networks intuitive to setup and manage. Essential to achieving this goal is simplifying the world of Mobile Device Management as our world becomes an increasingly mobile place. Our Systems Manager development team is dedicated to achieving this simplicity by streamlining the control of devices at an enterprise level. We work as a small and lean team, and wear many hats.
Meraki's engineering culture is one of innovation and ownership. You will have a strong hand in not just building the technology, but also defining what we should be building. As an mobile software engineer you will work on building apps that facilitate management, inventory, and policy enforcement on both company and personally owned Android devices. These apps have both user facing features and background services to talk to the Meraki cloud, so you will have the opportunity to work anywhere from pixel perfect front ends to high performance backend algorithms. Your work will run on hundreds of thousands of devices and you will have the ownership to impact customers who touch this tool on a global level.
As a Software Engineer, Android Full Stack, you will:
* Work with other mobile developers to develop new features, systems, and workflows in our Systems Manager application
* Collaborate with UX designers to create a pixel perfect user experience
* Take ownership of key parts of our codebase and work to improve our stability, scalability, and testability
* Build internal frameworks and refine our app infrastructure to enhance developer productivity
You are an ideal candidate if:
* You have 2+ years of experience of native Android development
* You have experience shipping at least one Android app that is currently available on the Google Play Store (please provide links when applying)
* You flourish within a small engineering team and are excited to tackle open-ended problems
* You aren't afraid of rolling your sleeves up and working in all layers of the stack.
Bonus points for experience with the following:
* Experience with CI and testing frameworks
* Experience with Kotlin
* Experience with web development using a modern framework (ex: Ruby on Rails, Django, Node JS, React, Angular)
* Experience with iOS development
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.