Senior Software Engineer - Networking
Microsoft Studios Global Publishing
Microsoft Studios Global Publishing is looking for passionate, game and technology industry veterans to help us drive new entertainment franchises with some of the best partners from around the globe. This is a rare opportunity to join a creatively driven team of people, develop exciting new projects, and take advantage of the newest technology available with backing and support from across Microsoft. Join the team driving AAA game development that sets the standard for entertainment across a growing family of devices including Xbox and Windows 10.
Wanted! Senior Software Engineer - Networking.
Must have a strong background in multiplayer programming for AAA games. We're looking for someone with strong communication skills and a self-driven approach to work. The ideal candidate understands first party development, enjoys collaborating with internal and external partners, and has a track record for delivering high quality software. A qualified applicant must have five or more years of experience with C++, experience shipping multiple AAA console or PC games, and demonstrate strong technical skills with multiplayer development including a strong understanding of networking models for multiplayer gaming, including peer-to-peer, thin host, and dedicated server models for online play. Furthermore, the ideal candidate will have experience with Xbox services including Xbox LIVE and/or PlayFab.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Work in close partnership with internal and external teams of diverse and talented peers of various disciplines to solve technical issues across a diverse games portfolio
* Participate in performance reviews and provide optimization guidance
* Participate in cross-group work streams to research and develop new technology and processes.
* Collaborate closely with PMs, designers, artists, and central technology teams to prototype and/or implement new product features
* Become an expert in Microsoft platforms and services engineering, supporting partners with Xbox One, Windows 10, and Xbox Live
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related degree, or equivalent work experience
* 5+ years professional development experience in C/C++
* Passion for games and technology
* Hands on experience shipping multiple titles
* Strong creative problem solving and algorithm development skills
* Self-motivated and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
* Advanced degree in Computer Science or related field
* Experience working with external partners
* Demonstrated experience with modern game engines such as Unity, Unreal, or equivalent
* Strong technical skills in the specialist field of multiplayer gaming
Bring your experience, talent, and passion to build visually stunning AAA games that showcase the Xbox One and Windows platforms, and leverage our research and platform portfolio to supercharge your ideas.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.