Location Link: https://goo.gl/maps/1J58d83y3fS1gxhY8
Who We Are What We Do:
We know you've got choices as an experienced Software Engineer, so why work for Cox Automotive? Besides being a privately held company that's been in business over 100 years, Cox Automotive is a respected industry leader. Cox Automotive is transforming the way the world buys, sells and owns cars with industry-leading digital marketing, retail, financial and wholesale solutions for consumers, dealers, manufacturers and the overall automotive ecosystem worldwide. The Cox Automotive family includes Autotrader®, Dealer.com®, Dealertrack®, Kelley Blue Book®, Manheim®, NextGear Capital®, vAuto®, VinSolutions®, Xtime®, Incadea® and a host of other brands.
This Digital Deal team supports the automotive digital retailing solution - designed to give a car buyer the ability to complete the entire vehicle purchase online making it easier to make car purchase decisions and save time and stress throughout the buying process. The shopping experience starts with the powerful dealer websites and vehicle listing experiences on Autotrader.com, Kelley Blue Book, and Dealer.com dealership websites including OEM and nearly anywhere a dealership advertises their vehicles.
* The Software Engineer writes and maintains code within applications and systems to implement capabilities and features, improve performance and maintainability, while reducing technical debt in alignment with product and technology roadmaps.
* The Software Engineer plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging trends.
* Works with Product Management to understand the challenges that customers and end users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
* Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
* Foresees capacity requirements for component usage and identifies limitations.
* Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
* Contributes to product and solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
* Builds software applications across multiple platforms in response to the needs of stakeholders.
* Understands technical architecture and writes software and automated tests that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
* Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
* Provides ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
* Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
* Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts from agreed specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
* Take part in reviews of own work and leads reviews of colleagues' work.
What We Look For:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
* Scrum Developer Certification or equivalent
* Working experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems
* Working experience realizing applications from conception and design, to implementation and support
* Working experience with application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
* Working experience in analysis, design and programming
* Working experience with appropriate database technology