The Senior Software Engineer will help develop web applications and services with rich user interfaces that connect to back-end web services using the latest Internet technologies. This person will also be critical in defining a robust and scalable architecture that meets the needs of Foundation Medicine's technology and business strategy.
* Work closely with a high performing cross-functional team to create and maintain complex web applications.
* Help define and participate in software development processes that support continuous product delivery.
* Define and document architecture and functional and design requirements.
* Collaborate with cross functional teams in Technology and the Product Development group.
* Participate in design and code reviews.
* Participate in daily scrum meetings and agile ceremonies.
* Be able to deliver as an individual contributor and/or a team member in an agile work culture.
* Assist with production issues with excellent communication back to business users and stakeholders.
* BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
* 1-4 years of experience developing large scale web applications.
* Must possess exceptional communication and documentation skills, with a strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
* Demonstrated experience with .NET Core, C#, and .NET WebAPI.
* Demonstrated proficiency in object-oriented programming and software engineering best practices.
* Experience with the Entity Framework and database migration tools, such as EF Migrations or Flyway.
* Experience in developing RESTful APIs using .NET WebAPI framework.
* Experience with SQL, SQL Server, and ability to do database designs.
* Experience creating and maintaining a CI/CD pipeline and working within a DevOps Model.
* Experience working with the Atlassian suite including JIRA and Confluence.
* Experience with AWS is a plus.
* Comfortable working with Webpack, Node, NPM, and Docker.
* Comfortable developing bash (or other shell) scripts.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.